Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge controls on new California ocean

S

Sara Solnick

Feeling very stupid but I can't work out how to use the fridge. The manual has information about a coolbox that just isn't what I have in my new California Ocean. Can someone tell me what to do?

The fridge is controlled from the central control unit at the front of the van.

The control unit has four outside buttons. Top right is the fridge button. Press that so it glows yellow and then the panel will activate asking you to set the temperature with the rotary knob. Try that first.

I suggest setting it on 4 or 5 first. Also make sure that you are on hook-up or that the leisure batteries have high charge levels as the fridge will not work once battery charge falls beyond a certain point.

More complex instructions using the Control panel can follow, get it working first :)

Good luck and Welcome.

BTW the fridge is known as a 'coolbox' in the manual as its not technically a fridge. Have a play around with the levels too. We usually have ours on level 4 or 5. A fridge thermometer is a good idea too.

Went through all that process recently so fully understand lack of clarity in instructions.
Central control panel on top .
knob on right - press middle - rotate outer until refigeration displayed - press middle button - rotate outer until on option - press middle - light above should come on then carry on with outer and centre to set temp, as others say 4 or 5. doesn't give actual temp.
All a bit confusing at first but similar to raising/lowering the roof, same applies to air heater control.
If possible use mains hookup to cool before trip.

Thanks so much. I love these forums - so much quicker, easier and more accurate than the manual that seems to be written (very badly) for another vehicle entirely. Fridge now working. Easy peasy!

Have look on here, very helpful and then look for second part.

Thanks so much. I love these forums - so much quicker, easier and more accurate than the manual that seems to be written (very badly) for another vehicle entirely. Fridge now working. Easy peasy!

Great!! Another result :D