Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge drain?

Ambler

Ambler

VIP Member
Does the fridge have a drain under the van?
I parked it on the drive on Saturday lunchtime (and turned fridge off) and this afternoon noticed a 12" diameter wet patch on the tarmac under the van. The location was just behind the rear wheels but in front of the foremost part of the spare and towards the nearside.
Upon inspection it seems to be a clear liquid. I could see nothing dripping from the van.
Although it rained Sat night this would have been sheltered by the van. Also, it has been dry for 24 hours so should have dried up.
Any thoughts?

Probably one of the drain valves left open. Most likely the gray water drain valve.
Cheers
Andrzej

Was the fresh watertank totaly filled , and/or was your Cali parked on a not levelled spot , leaning over to the side where the fresh watertank is fitted...
Then read what i discoverd behind the filling hole :?
Could be the same in your case.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4663
Hope that the link works...

No drain for the fridge. I have seen a couple where drain taps were not shut off properly and dripped.

cheers

Thanks for the responses.
We have not yet used either tank. Of course there may have been some residue left when we collected from the dealer but we were away in it last week staying with relatives, did about 700 miles.
Time for me to check out operation of the tanks.

Back