Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge is difficult to open

rakhmatulin

rakhmatulin

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi everyone! I'm absolutely new here. I have just bought VW Grand California 600 and already have a problem) Is it okay that I have to pull the fridge door up pretty strength to open it? My dealer said that it is ok, but it seems that it is his first Grand California =\

• Welcome
Reactions: Sad
Hello rakhmatulin
Place your hand in the opening, palm up, and press with your fingers on the (black) pallet to open the fridge door
See picture of the black pallet and hand position
Otherwise, you risk to break the door opening system...

Hola rakhmatulin
Coloque la mano en la abertura, con la palma hacia arriba y presione con los dedos sobre la paleta (negra) para abrir la puerta del refrigerador
Ver imagen de la paleta negra y posición de la mano
De lo contrario, podría romper el sistema de apertura de la puerta...

(Espero que las traducciones sean buenas...)

1 Palette (vue d'en-dessous).jpg

2 Position main pour ouverture porte.jpg

Hello
We are having problems with our fridge since we got our grand california in '21
It freezes our food ALL the time and draines our battery to 30% by morning
Vw dealership was told to add a seal to drip tray , it doesn't work.
I found an email address of the manufacturer.
I have emailed them .
See pic attached, I just deleted my id number .

Please anyone else that are having problems email them too.
The more complaints they get the quicker they will act .
I am trying to get it sorted since '21.
Hopefully vw will recall

Thanks 1000008071.jpg

There are lots of adjustments on the drawer of the fridge, slide door open, behind the silver plates at bottom just like a cupboard drawer, this adjustment affects height left/right independently, there the two catches to lock the drawer in place, top and bottom in the centre. The lower one takes the weight of the door.
The white front of the door comes of easily, there are many points to lubricate and cables can be tightened to lessen the hand movement required.

If we run our fridge on three it's too cold. Two seems just right, sometimes we put it up to three a few hours before sleeping and then put it in night mode, I don't hear it come on much.
For us the fridge works brilliantly, so much so that we now take a lot more frozen food. I have two specific thermometers and check temps which are always spot on.

There are lots of adjustments on the drawer of the fridge, slide door open, behind the silver plates at bottom just like a cupboard drawer, this adjustment affects height left/right independently, there the two catches to lock the drawer in place, top and bottom in the centre. The lower one takes the weight of the door.
The white front of the door comes of easily, there are many points to lubricate and cables can be tightened to lessen the hand movement required.

If we run our fridge on three it's too cold. Two seems just right, sometimes we put it up to three a few hours before sleeping and then put it in night mode, I don't hear it come on much.
For us the fridge works brilliantly, so much so that we now take a lot more frozen food. I have two specific thermometers and check temps which are always spot on.
Thanks for reply
What will adjusting do ?
We have ours set to one and it freezes food .
I have tried night mode too, but it freezes food during the day when night mode finishes boost mode kicks in .

Ours used to freeze things. It got replaced under warranty with no bother. Has been fine since then but unless in France in the summer heat usually just have it down at 2. We do tend to avoid putting anything we really don’t want to freeze in the lower part rather than the top tray.
I have loctited the grub screw threads in the latch mechanism to err on the side of caution but otherwise it’s been fine if slightly less than flush fitting to cabinets now it’s been replaced.

Anyone replace the fridge with something better? I just rented a 600 and found the fridge small plus sliding door is nothing but issues. Would prefer a double open Dometic honestly. May have to measure the opening to see if anything fits.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Back