Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge not working off leisure battery sockets

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi looking for help.

i have a waeco cdf26 fridge - i have a Cali Beach with a brand new leisure battery installed 1 x month ago. i replaced the original battery after 6 years because we are on an extended euro trip and wanted the reassurance. i have a 150 watt solar panel and a victron bluetooth controller. I have had the fridge plugged in permanently for 1 month in the socket behind the passenger seat before we left last Friday all working great - even when not using the van for 3 or 4 days at a time.

We have now landed on ile de oleron after three days on driving - so all should be well charged. But the fridge will not work in the socket behind the seat - it is powered up OK with the lights on, but the orange light is on on the display suggesting a voltage error. i have tried the other socket under the 3 seat bench and the same problem persists.

When i plus the fridge into the front dash plug - ie of the starter battery it all works fine - suggesting there is no problem with the fridge / lead / plug / fuse etc.

i have taken two screenshots from the victron controller app - does anyone know what could be happening - thanks

the first pic is from the leisure battery output and the second pic from the starter battery

IMG_4555.PNGIMG_4557.PNG

Hi looking for help.

i have a waeco cdf26 fridge - i have a Cali Beach with a brand new leisure battery installed 1 x month ago. i replaced the original battery after 6 years because we are on an extended euro trip and wanted the reassurance. i have a 150 watt solar panel and a victron bluetooth controller. I have had the fridge plugged in permanently for 1 month in the socket behind the passenger seat before we left last Friday all working great - even when not using the van for 3 or 4 days at a time.

We have now landed on ile de oleron after three days on driving - so all should be well charged. But the fridge will not work in the socket behind the seat - it is powered up OK with the lights on, but the orange light is on on the display suggesting a voltage error. i have tried the other socket under the 3 seat bench and the same problem persists.

When i plus the fridge into the front dash plug - ie of the starter battery it all works fine - suggesting there is no problem with the fridge / lead / plug / fuse etc.

i have taken two screenshots from the victron controller app - does anyone know what could be happening - thanks

the first pic is from the leisure battery output and the second pic from the starter battery

View attachment 96683View attachment 96682
Our CFX 35 did and could never work out why. Anything else plugged into the same socket would work just fine. (Maybe the VW cable is not thick enough for the fridge, so it cuts out rather than overheating the cable / blowing fuse?..)

We wired the fridge direct to the leisure battery with a fused connection, female Cigarette socket on the other with a nice thick cable and had never had an issue since. Its easy to hide the wire under the side trim. Just lay the cable on the floor and push it under the plastic trim.

Hi looking for help.

View attachment 96683View attachment 96682
As above, it could be voltage drop via the cables. When you had it running at home, what was the voltage on the Leisure Battery? We're you on Solar only or EHU?
Are there voltage control settings on the Fridge? If so, are they on the lowest level?

Thanks chaps - i did as suggested and wired the fridge lead directly on to the leisure battery - with an inline fuse and it has solved the problem. It seems the Waeco kit is sensitive to voltage drop via VW cabling / connections / plugs / sockets - and was cutting out to protect the battery - but clearly cutting out too early - we have now arrived in Croatia with very cold beer - many thanks

Same issue here, I ended up making a shorter lead for my fridge to reduce the voltage drop. Worked a treat.

Back