Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All 12V sockets stopped working

Szabi

Szabi

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello there,

I would like to ask your help if anyone experienced the same. I was on a trip and after a while I noticed all of the 12V sockets stopped working.

I really only had a usb charger on the front 12V socket, and the Dometic fridge on the middle 12V socket.

As I understand the front one was running from the main battery and the middle one was running from the leisure battery. Both stopped working which is interesting.

Thank you

Hello there,

I would like to ask your help if anyone experienced the same. I was on a trip and after a while I noticed all of the 12V sockets stopped working.

I really only had a usb charger on the front 12V socket, and the Dometic fridge on the middle 12V socket.

As I understand the front one was running from the main battery and the middle one was running from the leisure battery. Both stopped working which is interesting.

Thank you
It would be helpful if you could update your Avatar details.
a. You could tell us which vehicle you have, and year.
b. Where is the Dashboard 12v socket you refer to?

Reading the first post i knew what the second post was going to be ...

It would be helpful if you could update your Avatar details.
a. You could tell us which vehicle you have, and year.
b. Where is the Dashboard 12v socket you refer to?

a. T6 California Beach, 2017
b. the dashboard socket I refer to is the cigar lighter, and the other one behind the passenger seat on the side panel

Will try to update my avatar now.

:)

Sorry, not that experience. I found where to change the avatar photo, but haven't found yet where to enter the model and year
No problem , don't worry

Have you checked fuses , are other things working like interieur lights?

All other 12V sockets actually are working, only the 2 described not
Lights working which are operated by leisure battery

Can you help me where the fuses are located?

No problem , don't worry

Have you checked fuses , are other things working like interieur lights?

Arghh the dometic fridge's plug had a red plastic on top which comes off when twisted WTF?

That was stuck in the socket, I have taken that out that works.

So it only leaves me with the front cigar lighter working so will check the fuse.

IMG_3455.jpg

Arghh the dometic fridge's plug had a red plastic on top which comes off when twisted WTF?

That was stuck in the socket, I have taken that out that works.

So it only leaves me with the front cigar lighter working so will check the fuse.

View attachment 62137
There are 2 different types of 12v sockets. The red thing is just an adapter. You don’t need that for the California sockets.
Your USB charger could be faulty if it blew the fuse.

Back