Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

FRIDGE NOT WORKING

Chico

Chico

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello , i have read all posts regarding fridge not working and am still stuck with a fridge that wont start . So i have turned on control panel , pressed fridge on button , flashing light appears on panel . I have moved the passenger seat forward and found the fuses . I now need to know which one is for the fridge ? I have also located and removed the panel under the cupboard next to the fridge . Checked for any loose wires , all seem connected . Also i was thinking , does the fridge work when connected directly to the 240 volt electrics at the plug in at the side of the van ? I cant really think of anything else to do ? Any suggestions please . A photo of locating correct fuse under seat , colour or size would be helpfull.

When you say flashing light do you mean the fridge icon flashes? If so, it has registered an error code. Try resetting the error and see what happens. Press and hold esc while pushing knob. select VW diagnose and see what error numbers are present.

Hello , i have read all posts regarding fridge not working and am still stuck with a fridge that wont start . So i have turned on control panel , pressed fridge on button , flashing light appears on panel . I have moved the passenger seat forward and found the fuses . I now need to know which one is for the fridge ? I have also located and removed the panel under the cupboard next to the fridge . Checked for any loose wires , all seem connected . Also i was thinking , does the fridge work when connected directly to the 240 volt electrics at the plug in at the side of the van ? I cant really think of anything else to do ? Any suggestions please . A photo of locating correct fuse under seat , colour or size would be helpfull.
See above. The fridge only works on 12v supply. What voltage shows on the Control Panel.
If it is less than apprx: 11.5v then the fridge will not start.
Plug into the mains to recharge the Leisure Batteries if the voltage shown on the Control Panel is less than 12v.

Hello again, so I’ve got the fridge working. Chugging along lovely. Getting cold. However I leave it for an hour perhaps less. Check fridge, yes cold inside. But fridge has turned off and doesn’t turn back on. If I turn it back on on panel in front of cab it clicks back on and off it goes again. I’ve tried it with 240v plugged in and it still does the same, turns itself off and not back on??
I’ve charged leisure batteries yesterday and most of today. Why isn’t it running on 240v switching on and off??

Hello again, so I’ve got the fridge working. Chugging along lovely. Getting cold. However I leave it for an hour perhaps less. Check fridge, yes cold inside. But fridge has turned off and doesn’t turn back on. If I turn it back on on panel in front of cab it clicks back on and off it goes again. I’ve tried it with 240v plugged in and it still does the same, turns itself off and not back on??
I’ve charged leisure batteries yesterday and most of today. Why isn’t it running on 240v switching on and off??
For those of you who don't know, if you ever get any problems with roof stuck or any other error say with the heater or fridge, you are able to access the hidden menu in your control panel as used by the VW Engineers.

Access as follows:

1. Hold down the centre of the rotary button together with the menu button (button below with the squares on it)

2. You will get the hidden menu.

3. Rotate the rotary button to get to "VW diagnose" and select this by pressing on the centre of the rotary button.

4. If no errors are present it will display "no errors"

5. If Errors are present then a list of errors will appear

6. Press the centre of the rotary button again to delete all the errors

7. Repeat process above just to check that errors have dissapeared!

8. Re-configure the time and date if neccesary.

Any problems should be resolved assuming these are Electronic and not Mechanical.

Error Codes from Control Panel.

1 = 1 = Pop-up roof

2 = 2 = Plumbing Heating

3 = 3 = Cool box Cooler

4 = 4 = Sewage wastewater

5 = 5 = Fresh water

6 = 6 = Outside temperature

7 = 7 = Battery

Error Code Defect Fault

1010 1010 Short-circuit to (earth) roof

1001 1001 Fuse / short circuit to (plus+) roof

1100 1100 Short-circuit output Roof "on"

1101 1101 Fuse roof "to"

1110 1110 Short-circuit output Roof "to"

1111 1111 Fuse starting Roof "to"

2100 2100 Short-circuit output heating on / off

2101 2101 Fuse output heating on / off

2001 2001 Interrupt input heating 30

3100 3100 Short-circuit output coolbox

3101 3101 Fuse interrupt output coolbox

3001 3001-J698-cooler input error "Active"

3010 3010 Short-circuit input icebox "actual temperature"

3011 3011 Interrupt or fuse input icebox "actual temperature"

4000 4000 Short-circuit to ground water level sensor

4001 4001 Fuse circuit to plus water level sensor failure

5000 5000 Short-circuit to ground water level sensor

5001 5001 Short circuit to plus water level sensor failure

6000 6000 Short-circuit to ground temperature sensor or for outdoor temperature

6001 6001 Fuse / short circuit to plus two temperature sensors for outside temperature

7001 7001 interrupt input interrupt input D +

The fridge only runs off the 12v leisure batteries so if you've plugged in the hook up cable the internal charger will keep charging the leisure batteries and these will power the fridge. When the hook up cable is plugged into 240v do you get a plug shown in the control panel and the 240v socket by the sink works OK? If not check the switches in the rear cupboard are on (RED). What voltage is showing for your leisure batteries in the control panel?
Please check and report back.