Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge - now!!!

philcod

philcod

Help - again!!!!

Snapped reading light, blown fuse (still don't know why) now our fridge has stopped working - the red light on the overhead panel came on last night and despite us going through the trouble shooting routines in the manual -check fuses (again - none blown this time), check electricity supply, etc it has stayed off. Rang the RAC/VW recovery people this time but frankly they regard the fridge not working as trivial - so we gave up and bought a plug in coolbox from Intermarche. Any ideas out there on what might have gone wrong and fix suggestions - any help would be appreciated.

Are we just being unlucky or is this par for the course?

Phil &Sylv

Sorry to hear this phil
Sounds like your getting your share of bad luck all at once :doh
Let vw fix it

Phil,

Not sure where you are today but as per our PM's I don't think we're far apart. If we do meet then I have my Diagnostic cable with me if you'd like me to take a look. :thumb

Hi Stu

Thanks for the offer but the good news is we've got it working again - phew!!!

It was simple in the end -just a swich off and back on agian of the control panel. I tried this when we were camped up back it wont turn off with the roof up. Parked up today having a break I though I'd just try (its the old computer act of last resort isn't it) and magically the fridge allowed itself to be switched on -absoulurely brilliant!! Who knows what caused it in the first place - we're getting used to gremlins!!

We've now moved to Millau before decidung which direction to head in next. The Gorges du Tarn was stunning!

Where have you got to?
Phil & Sylv

We're down in Grande Motte but we'll be in Milau for around lunchtime tomorrow.

Back