Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

From SE to the Beach,

• Thread starter Jason Just Chilling
  • Start date
Same here love the practicality of my beach

We had an SE then upgraded to a Beach. You can't go wrong with a Beach. We're now on Beach number 2. :thumb

Thats good to hear, now we have to search for mattress and toppers, figure out water and all the basics. Its a nice challenge to have really. Oh and we booked onto a Cali meet too! Does having a Beach mean will still wave to the SE's when passing?

No don’t wave at SE’s There far to posh

Thats good to hear, now we have to search for mattress and toppers, figure out water and all the basics. Its a nice challenge to have really. Oh and we booked onto a Cali meet too! Does having a Beach mean will still wave to the SE's when passing?
One of the best suggestions I got from this forum was four 2 litre bottles of water, the square ones, in each big front door pocket. That's 16 litres, and they are easy to refill. There were places in Scotland where we had a hard time finding a place that would let us refill our 20 litre jug without checking into a campground. The jug with its spigot is very handy for washing up.

Hi all, out of the SE and into the Beach, I convince myself its more practical for our daily needs, more space to bring a friend or two and plenty of space to load the adventure gear, the mountains are calling.
We leave tomorrow for 3 days ski touring in the Pyrenees, 6 of us, backpacks below the multiflex, boots above on top of the mattress, skis in bags on the floor between first and second row. Since we can park at the refuge, I sleep in the van, heater on, no snoring!

I think this has said before but watch that weight doesn’t end with the front doors sagging and the bottom corner marking the paint

Hi all, out of the SE and into the Beach, I convince myself its more practical for our daily needs, more space to bring a friend or two and plenty of space to load the adventure gear, the mountains are calling.
Love the Beach looked at the Ocean it just wasn’t right for us, very happy with our choice. Enjoy :bananadance2

For water bottles, we bought 4 x 1.5 litre bottles from decathlon and keep two each in the driver and passenger side door wells. Works well.

They are wedged in somewhat by the two large VW bins sitting in the sort of round contoured sections in those wells, need to dampen the bottles whilst driving with a pack of playing cards or small pack of tissues to stop rattling - but no great shakes!

For water bottles, we bought 4 x 1.5 litre bottles from decathlon and keep two each in the driver and passenger side door wells. Works well.

They are wedged in somewhat by the two large VW bins sitting in the sort of round contoured sections in those wells, need to dampen the bottles whilst driving with a pack of playing cards or small pack of tissues to stop rattling - but no great shakes!

Just spotted the reply on square bottles. We searched for some thing that shape also, but couldn’t find anything.

We rarely run out of water with 4x1.5l when all 4 of us away and give the kids their jobs to go and fill up the 1.5l bottles. This helps keep them occupied/diverted away from whatever it is we don’t want them doing at that time!

Back