Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front windscreen blind / ideas

Jerseyroberts

Jerseyroberts

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just taken delivery of my new Beach and have had an enjoyable afternoon playing with it.

I thought it was going to come with pull out blinds on front windscreen (I’ve seen an Ocean with this I think). I hadn’t added this as an option but didn’t realise I could. I has blinds on back windows and rear window.

Any ideas on best way to put blinds or cover on front windscreen?

You could look for a set from an SE. Or purchase a insulated front screen and side widow wrap which are very good.

Thanks Fudge, will look into that.

Do any beaches come with the front windscreen blinds and what would I have added to my order to get it?

It would (should!) have come with a hook on/magnetic curtain set up for front screen and doors - that works OK. On our last Cali it was missing and we used Silverscreens that someone had bought for it which worked well.

The beach comes with a set of three curtains for the front as standard. The front side windows have magnetic curtains and the windscreen has a curtain that fits onto the sun visors and rear view mirror.

If these are missing you need to return to your dealer for them.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

It would (should!) have come with a hook on/magnetic curtain set up for front screen and doors - that works OK. On our last Cali it was missing and we used Silverscreens that someone had bought for it which worked well.

Thanks Max-Felix, just went back out and found a bag with these in under the seats. Perfect, will use these for now. Although the ones on the above link look good.

yeah ours were in the draw under the seat. You might find the clip on ones aren't 'black out' enough come summer time and buy something else anyhow.

Unless you need to insulate the cab (in which case get yourself the insulated external or internal windscreen covers), the curtains supplied are very good. They are quick and easy to fit, take up next to no space to store and you don't need to leave the vehicle to fit them.

Having closely examined the built in blinds on a demo Ocean in a showroom, I wasn't impressed. Yes, they do the job well enough but appear to be very flimsy indeed. I might be wrong but I suspect they'll be the cause of quite a few warranty claims. I have already read several reports of them being damaged by the unsympathetic use.

Unless you need to insulate the cab (in which case get yourself the insulated external or internal windscreen covers), the curtains supplied are very good. They are quick and easy to fit, take up next to no space to store and you don't need to leave the vehicle to fit them.

Having closely examined the built in blinds on a demo Ocean in a showroom, I wasn't impressed. Yes, they do the job well enough but appear to be very flimsy indeed. I might be wrong but I suspect they'll be the cause of quite a few warranty claims. I have already read several reports of them being damaged by the unsympathetic use.
Definitely going to require some care for alignment on the way back into the pillar housings as well as holding on to them without letting go. I think the spring tension verses the small area in which to grip will result in a lot of blinds being let go of and re-coiling under their own energy and that will likely mean minor damage each time as the blind takes its own alignment path.

Glad you found them!

Not these Beach curtains but the regular blinds (and newer windscreen blind) are like most fixtures and fittings on the Cali (door catches, louvred doors etc) built 'light'. However, in practise if used the correct way and with care (check lots of Youtube videos like Cali Chris) have proven to hold up pretty well even on ten year old models IME. Important thing is to operate them slowly and support the blinds each side or pull evenly.

Back