Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Frustrated but not for long.....

Yorkshire lass

Yorkshire lass

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
After a year of searching I took the plunge and bought my T5 California in Silver from a lovely guy in North Wales. Had a couple of outings and planned my diary for the year only to fall and break my ankle (start of April) looks like it will be four months before I can drive. I am two months in, now walking on two feet but only partial weight bearing on my bad leg.
Still could be worse and more time to read, research and plan my adventures when I am fit.
Sold my T25 to a lovely family who keep sending me updates of Gordon's travels.
Still thinking of a name for my new van and cannot wait to get out exploring.
Live in North Yorkshire and my regular travelling companion is Molly the cocker spaniel.
Planning to go to the VW meet at Redcar in July (a friend will be driving) and looking forward to that.

Hi and welcome , plenty of time to read the forum inside-out:thumb
A good recovery!

Hi welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear of your injury that isn't fun at all.
As for naming your new van it's a must mine is called Sally.!

That's for the welcome. Counting the days till I can get out. As for names.....I'll get there soon. Short list is in place!

Congratulations, welcome, and I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! I love that you are getting updates from Gordon's new owners; these campervans really are more than just another vehicle and definitely deserve a name. I have Ariadne :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery and happy planning!
Maud

Welcome Yorkshire Lass & Molly

Maybe you should name him Tonto to go with Silver? Or maybe she's a girl? (Tontess?)

I'm sure you'll think of something :D

Speedy recovery.

Hi and welcome, I sympathise with your current predicament. I snapped my left achilles tendon twice in Aug & Sep 2013 (don't ask :embarrased). I couldn't drive a manual car for 4 months, so I ended up buying an automatic car just to keep my sanity.
Regarding names my trusty Cali is Klaus.

Welcome. To keep your sanity plan. Plan your future adventures, N,S,E and W. Lots of info on the Forum.

Welcome, sorry to hear about the ankle that is bad luck, but you will have lots of time to enjoy your new machine when it is fixed. Wishing you a speedy recovery then enjoy enjoy.