Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel prices in Germany

J

Jon7800

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I recently travelled through Germany and stayed with German friends for a few nights. They were telling us that petrol prices vary according to demand, typically to reduce demand in the morning and that on week day afternoons prices are lower. German efficiency I imagine.

We also observed that in Croatia the price of fuel was the same ever in the country.

This might be useful if you’re travelling.

When filling up find a fuel station not located next tot the Freeway.
But I guess all of you know this.
You always pay more when filling up on the freeway.

There are various web sites and apps which publish real-time prices in Germany, the filling station round the corner from me looks like this ...

1694187647959.png

They are closed from 10pm to around 6am so reduce the price at night, conning people into thinking they ought to fill up first thing in the morning, then they whack the price up as soon as they open - varying it through the day with it peaking around mid-day early afternoon. It drops again towards closing time. Follows a rough pattern though.

I recently travelled through Germany and stayed with German friends for a few nights. They were telling us that petrol prices vary according to demand, typically to reduce demand in the morning and that on week day afternoons prices are lower. German efficiency I imagine.

We also observed that in Croatia the price of fuel was the same ever in the country.

This might be useful if you’re travelling.
Croatia currently €1.52 non motorway

Back