Funny noises! Any answers, please?

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
From Mrs B!
I am currently sitting in Bluebell, finishing the border of my multicoloured crochet blanket, but there has been a strange ticking noise coming from behind the dashboard! Does anyone know what this is? It has now stopped (after more than half an hour). Bluebell is a T6 Beach. Also the media player has periodically been making strange noises, as if trying to move a CD. The one in there is probably the National Trust children's favourites - songs and nursery rhymes!
Borris is out with his ex-colleagues, drinking Guinness and will later be eating curry, so I'll be driving home. This will be only the second time I've driven Bluebell, but I'll have a co-pilot - of sorts!

From Mrs B!
I am currently sitting in Bluebell, finishing the border of my multicoloured crochet blanket, but there has been a strange ticking noise coming from behind the dashboard! Does anyone know what this is? It has now stopped (after more than half an hour). Bluebell is a T6 Beach. Also the media player has periodically been making strange noises, as if trying to move a CD. The one in there is probably the National Trust children's favourites - songs and nursery rhymes!
Borris is out with his ex-colleagues, drinking Guinness and will later be eating curry, so I'll be driving home. This will be only the second time I've driven Bluebell, but I'll have a co-pilot - of sorts!
I think a fan continues in the engine for about half an hour after the engine has stopped.

Every time you open a door the computer in the dash makes noises i belive...
Correct me if wrong.

My central get-lost system whirrs and clatters when I first get in, it checks there's a DVD, that the alarms are activated and the old bat is sat where she's supposed to be so she can be irritated by extraneous noises.

I think a fan continues in the engine for about half an hour after the engine has stopped.
Thanks! I know there is a noisier fan that runs when the engine needs to de-clog a bit. (One of our grandchildren calls it "blowing it's nose", but this was very quiet- just a bit of gentle ticking! I think the CD player has shut up, but may not have heard it as I have been listening to an audio book, downloaded from the library onto my phone!! Magic! It expires in 5 days, so I need to make haste as I only started listening tonight and haven't yet worked out if I can copy it to disc via an old laptop!!!
Many thanks! I was trying to find a nice fancy stitch for the last row of your basket's border and thought I'd look for say replies to my post, but couldn't find the post!! Weird!

My central get-lost system whirrs and clatters when I first get in, it checks there's a DVD, that the alarms are activated and the old bat is sat where she's supposed to be so she can be irritated by extraneous noises.
Thanks! You have a great way of putting things! It's weird sat here next to the railway line near Canterbury West station, crochet blanket on lap - preparing for my dotage!! I am about to look up a fancy stitch for the final row of the border of the blanket. Three cheers for 4G here and a street light across the road. Being a cul- de-sac it's beautifully quiet between trains and the odd pedestrian or group of evening joggers. Back to my audio book "Swing Time" by Zadie Smith, downloaded to my phone from Kent County Library. First time doing that!! You can teach an old "bitch" new tricks, it appears!!
Thanks again, Paddy/Mrs B

Thanks! You have a great way of putting things! It's weird sat here next to the railway line near Canterbury West station, crochet blanket on lap - preparing for my dotage!! I am about to look up a fancy stitch for the final row of the border of the blanket. Three cheers for 4G here and a street light across the road. Being a cul- de-sac it's beautifully quiet between trains and the odd pedestrian or group of evening joggers. Back to my audio book "Swing Time" by Zadie Smith, downloaded to my phone from Kent County Library. First time doing that!! You can teach an old "bitch" new tricks, it appears!!
Thanks again, Paddy/Mrs B
Every time you open a door the computer in the dash makes noises i belive...
Correct me if wrong.
Thanks. In a way it was companionable! Now it's stopped and the merrymaker won't be back for another couple of hours, but a friendly, if virtually empty, train has just gone past!!

Hope you aren't approached by any UNfriendly trains! The mind boggles!

:eek:

Was the temperature below 6c? It could be the coolant heater if it was a short drive and the engine wasn't up to temperature?

Dear Mrs B

Have you by chance switched on the parking heater for Bluebell?

Does the fat controller know that you are friendly with his trains? :shocked

Sorry GJ Mrs B is currently at work. I've no doubt she will respond in due course.

I don't know what the noises she was hearing are. Dash board pixies I suspect.

She also complained about some that I had apparently made whilst she drove me home after my Guinness and curry night with the boys. There's no pleasing some people! :thumb

Sorry GJ Mrs B is currently at work. I've no doubt she will respond in due course.

I don't know what the noises she was hearing are. Dash board pixies I suspect.

She also complained about some that I had apparently made whilst she drove me home after my Guinness and curry night with the boys. There's no pleasing some people! :thumb

I know a solution for all this.....
....she's not gonna be happy with it ....but isn't it better to go on your own?
:D

Mrs BH heard a similar noise a few weeks ago while sat alone in our Cali. It has never been heard again, nor did we track manage to it down. Maybe it is a VW fitted poltergeist or guardian angel for lonely spouses?

Just sit in the front seat , turn the ignition on and direct off again ......you will hear a noise from behind the radio/sat nav. Like a computer hard disk running.
Could also be when open a door , switching lights on, playing radio ,....
At least on my T5 it is.

Just sit in the front seat , turn the ignition on and direct off again ......you will hear a noise from behind the radio/sat nav. Like a computer hard disk running.
Could also be when open a door , switching lights on, playing radio ,....
At least on my T5 it is.

Yep, mine does that. I try not to think about it.

I'll just buy her some fluffy ear muffs. That should do the trick.

I tried those when I had my Mother in law in the passenger seat but I could' find any that were three feet thick :sad

Back