Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse Layouts

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I know that there’s a frustration that VW, in their infinite wisdom, don’t include a diagram of the Fuse Boards in the Cali. So, in a moment of sofa based boredom today I thought I’d query this with their Live Chat service. (Also thought I’d give Luke a break from the endless ‘where’s my Cali’ questions :) ). Anyway here’s what he came back with. I guess it’s not news to the ‘old hands’ on this forum but thought it might be of general interest.

Luke05:08 PM
Fuse layouts can be access via our Technical site, erWin, though this is a chargeable service. https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

The charges are €7 for 1 hour and €30 for 1 day. The price includes printing rights.

I know that there’s a frustration that VW, in their infinite wisdom, don’t include a diagram of the Fuse Boards in the Cali. So, in a moment of sofa based boredom today I thought I’d query this with their Live Chat service. (Also thought I’d give Luke a break from the endless ‘where’s my Cali’ questions :) ). Anyway here’s what he came back with. I guess it’s not news to the ‘old hands’ on this forum but thought it might be of general interest.

Luke05:08 PM
Fuse layouts can be access via our Technical site, erWin, though this is a chargeable service. https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

The charges are €7 for 1 hour and €30 for 1 day. The price includes printing rights.
So, the challenge would be to print all the fuse diagrams in an hour then breach copyright by sharing them!
I really struggle to accept that VW think it’s reasonable to withhold an essential piece of information from owners who have already handed over a wheelbarrow full of cash for their vehicle. Then offer to charge for a peek!

So, the challenge would be to print all the fuse diagrams in an hour then breach copyright by sharing them!
I really struggle to accept that VW think it’s reasonable to withhold an essential piece of information from owners who have already handed over a wheelbarrow full of cash for their vehicle. Then offer to charge for a peek!
Totally agree with you, it’s outrageous. However, I might print them off at some point for my own convenience should I need to replace a critical fuse in a hurry. I wonder would a hand drawn facsimile of the ‘official’ diagram infringe copyright if shared?

Might be worth a frantic hour for 7euros especially if I can print or export the info directly to pdf which I can with anything on Safari, not been blocked with that so far. Cheers GG I will give it a go.

Might be worth a frantic hour for 7euros especially if I can print or export the info directly to pdf which I can with anything on Safari, not been blocked with that so far. Cheers GG I will give it a go.
Not gone on the site yet so don’t know if they have an English page or whether it’s all in German? So, before I do, I think I’ll prepare by doing some translation of key words for my searches :)

Not gone on the site yet so don’t know if they have an English page or whether it’s all in German? So, before I do, I think I’ll prepare by doing some translation of key words for my searches :)
Yes, it's in English, you can start with vehicle identification and input your VIN and that filters the documents to your specific vehicle.

Just had an hour without my VIN cos I haven't got one yet, not too bad I could print the page to pdf. Quite interesting to see the known defects solutions, sliding door catching rear wheel arch as an example. Got the fuse info which was worth 7 euros since I have dash cams etc to fit. And component locations so I can disconnect the sliding door beep is it is so annoying :)

Just had an hour without my VIN cos I haven't got one yet, not too bad I could print the page to pdf. Quite interesting to see the known defects solutions, sliding door catching rear wheel arch as an example. Got the fuse info which was worth 7 euros since I have dash cams etc to fit. And component locations so I can disconnect the sliding door beep is it is so annoying :)
Hi Wogga, Was 1-hour enough to find everything you needed? Or with more digging might there be more golden nuggets? I’m wondering about finding the ‘hidden’ menu for doing resets via the Camping Control Panel. Available on the t6 but apparently not yet discovered on the t6.1

Hi Wogga, Was 1-hour enough to find everything you needed? Or with more digging might there be more golden nuggets? I’m wondering about finding the ‘hidden’ menu for doing resets via the Camping Control Panel. Available on the t6 but apparently not yet discovered on the t6.1
To get anything specific GG you need your VIN, since we await I picked from a drop down list of models, engine and gearbox and went for it, every time I noticed a date on the drawings it was always >2019 so 6.1. There is a whole download section for the diagnostics but obviously you need the unit. Didn't realise the camping fuses are under the front seats, if I get the power hungry dash cam I will try and feed of the leisure batteries. On another point GG re dash cams, the Black Vue battery is £299, I think I will get a solar panel for £399ish from here I think instead.

I didn't explore far enough to find it but there was definitely a large section on known issues and what's steps to take to resolve them. May give it another go

I fitted a dash cam yesterday on a 6.1. I ran the cable down to the fuse box under the steering wheel and plugged in to an empty socket above the blue 15 amp fuse on the lower left hand side. Luckily it is switched live and works perfectly.

To get anything specific GG you need your VIN, since we await I picked from a drop down list of models, engine and gearbox and went for it, every time I noticed a date on the drawings it was always >2019 so 6.1. There is a whole download section for the diagnostics but obviously you need the unit. Didn't realise the camping fuses are under the front seats, if I get the power hungry dash cam I will try and feed of the leisure batteries. On another point GG re dash cams, the Black Vue battery is £299, I think I will get a solar panel for £399ish from here I think instead.

I didn't explore far enough to find it but there was definitely a large section on known issues and what's steps to take to resolve them. May give it another go
I’m going for a solar system from Roger that charges leisure and starter batteries so hopefully dashcam in park mode and fridge can be left on permanently. Also having the Blackvue Power Magic Pro fitted to protect the starter battery charge level just in case.

I fitted a dash cam yesterday on a 6.1. I ran the cable down to the fuse box under the steering wheel and plugged in to an empty socket above the blue 15 amp fuse on the lower left hand side. Luckily it is switched live and works perfectly.
Mine will use the same fuse box but since I’ll be using parking mode it’ll pick up both switched and permanent lives. I’m using SatNav Systems in Surbiton for my installation. Mainly because I’m a bit dubious about doing a proper job for the rear camera. They assure me that they can route it through the tailgate without drilling (which others have apparently found necessary). They’ve done loads of t6.1s. Just thought I’d leave it to the pro’s :)

Wogga, Well I’m obviously a bit thick. Went on the erWin site, registered, paid my Euros, input my VIN but totally failed to find fuse layouts! Can you give me an idiots guide? I went round and round without success.

Wogga, Well I’m obviously a bit thick. Went on the erWin site, registered, paid my Euros, input my VIN but totally failed to find fuse layouts! Can you give me an idiots guide? I went round and round without success.
For £12 you can become a VIP on the T6Forum and all diagrams and more are available to download.

For £12 you can become a VIP on the T6Forum and all diagrams and more are available to download.
T6.1 layouts too? If so I may join.

Back