Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Adaptor - part missing

M

Martyn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I wonder if someone could give me some quick advice? I finally got myself a 907 bottle yesterday and went to hook it up to my Cali (ready for its first outing this weekend) and I think something is missing from the gas adaptor. Looking at the manual, there definitely seems to be an extra part between the adaptor and the bottle - both male ends I think, left hand thread at the adaptor.

Grateful for a confirm/deny before I go to complain to the dealer (again!!). Either way, it looks like I won't be using the stove this weekend!!

Cheers

Martyn

[album]1351[/album]

Martyn,

You need the bit that screws into the bottle, the tap. It should have come in a bag of bits with the vehicle if it is a new vehicle. Otherwise practically any caravan shop.

Thank you, all is now clear.

It's not a new vehicle, it's just one year old - I bought it from a dealer with 9k on the clock, it was their demonstrator.

Martyn

If it was there demonstrator then they should demonstrate more care Martyn.

It might just be a ten quid part but for you it is the difference between the vehicle being usable and unusable.

Get yourself off to a reputable, and helpful, camping/caravan retail place, get the missing piece fitted, someone will be helpful enough to fit it for you, then play bloody hell with whoever sold you the vehicle for selling it with such a critical-to-enjoyment bit misssing.

Sort yourself out first, you want to be away playing in the thing. However whoever sold it to you has the wooden-top mentality that as long as it's running ok it's a good vehicle.

It isn't. It's a camper. Being a camper means being able to put a cup of tea on when you want one. A silly bit missing stops you doing that. They have sold you a vehicle unfit for purpose - as a camper.

Give them hell. If stuck give aunty Jen a ring and I'll give them hell.

Thanks Jen, I called this morning and gave them hell!! It's going back in soon to get a few things sorted out and I will get one of these adaptors then, but in the meantime does anyone know if these things are easily available? I would like to use the van this week and if they're just a few quid I'll go an get one.

Martyn

Make sure that you specify adaptor, not regulator. The Van has a screw on regulator and you need the bottle adaptor that allows it to screw on.

Be very careful with this tap. My van was a demo and my tap was missing.

I bought one from a camping shop and it leaked. It looked perfect, but had a poor seal.

Get the genuine vw specified one or you could have problems, the dealer gave me one in the end. If the dealer is cooperative, one can be swapped off a stock van to save messing about.

Mine did not come with the tap (second hand) and I bought official campingaz and had to wait a fortnight or so for it to come from Germany

Understood, thanks for the advice. I will try and get one out of the dealer, but in the meantime I've ordered a Truma regulator. Looking at their website, they appear to make good quality stuff.

Back