Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas hob feet

E

egena

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone know where I can get these little pop-on feet for the gas ring and also recommendation for removing a rusted screw head?

Envoyé de mon SM-N981B en utilisant Tapatalk

Anyone know where I can get these little pop-on feet for the gas ring and also recommendation for removing a rusted screw head?

photos, sorry20220220_220103.jpg20220220_220053.jpg

As far as the screw is concerned, soak it in Plusgas a few times and leave for a few hours between each soaking and then use the correct sized screwdriver .

As far as the screw is concerned, soak it in Plusgas a few times and leave for a few hours between each soaking and then use the correct sized screwdriver .
ooooo, not used this before. Any tips during use or is it pretty standard handling?
I think the head is a bit shredded as it flaked away when I tried to undo it.
Its a learning curve - I wash my hair in the sink and bubbles sit on the gas hob sometimes. I now have that section closed but the damage is done.
I've got a replacement gas head and screws, just can't get this one off!
I'll give it a go with the Plusgas, thanks.

Looks like a torx head. Make sure you use the correct key for it in case you don’t have any.

ooooo, not used this before. Any tips during use or is it pretty standard handling?
I think the head is a bit shredded as it flaked away when I tried to undo it.
Its a learning curve - I wash my hair in the sink and bubbles sit on the gas hob sometimes. I now have that section closed but the damage is done.
I've got a replacement gas head and screws, just can't get this one off!
I'll give it a go with the Plusgas, thanks.

it is. I think I used the correct size torx but the head was badly corroded and they're not very good quality metal so it disintegrated.
Its almost converted itself into an Allen head.
I'll try again anyway with the plusgas

Yet another moan about VW!
The gas hob centres deteriorate quite quickly even with careful use if you cook inside a lot like we do. Then the screws go rusty!!
Our gas hob at home, (Siemens) is about 13 years old and used a lot, and yes it's a dark colour to start with but looks better than a Cali one does after a little while. It lifts off, so no problem with rusty screws, which I admit may be a problem for safety reasons in a vehicle if it's not fixed.
Are the Cali ones stainless steel?
Could they be painted with heat resistant paint like that used on bbq's ?
There must be a better option.

20220221_084412.jpg

Nearly choked on my toast when I read the rubber cooker grommets are £30 plus postage. Surely there’s something else a bit more reasonably priced that will do the job?

These are a last resort for damaged screws (after trying the above advice)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716LJQ23/?tag=eliteelect-21

Invariably they are single use.
I think the screws are quite a soft metal.These could possibly work if a hand brace was used very carefully but what may have to happen is to drill the screws out and redrill with a slightly larger size. Then tap a new thread and larger screws..Might be a bit of a faff but certainly cheaper than buying a new hob.

I have a rusty one. Took it off before it's impossible to remove it, and have been looking, without success, for an equivalent one but stainless steel.
Did you manage to remove yours? Has anybody painted the tops with anti-caloric paint? We use the cooker regularly and would like not having to worry about these very low quality screws.

Still have not found screws with the same thread. Will continue looking. In the meantime I have run a test. I did paint one of the screws with Montana anti-caloric paint, and after using the hob a few times, the paint hasn't melt, so I have now painted the other three screws. Will see how they hold with time.
IMG_3773.JPG
IMG_3778.JPG

Back