Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 600 Leisure battery

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi.
My new GC 600 is still sitting on my driveway waiting for a wet room tap, rear shower coupling and front footwell light. Got the van on 5th August and the garage area flooded due to faulty shower connector and floor under wet room flooded due to leaking tap in the cupboard this was when I was testing the system the day after pick up!!! Anyway the van has been stood since and coupled to the mains as It does not have the solar panel. My questions are:
1. After unplugging the mains and nothing being switched on over 4 days the Leisure battery dropped from 100% to 40% is this normal?? There is no current draw showing on the panel.
2. Do people who don’t have the solar panel leave their van plugged into the mains permanently or do you just switch off the main switch in the camper part of the van. This requires resetting heating and day and time?
3. Has anyone got any other suggestions??

Hi.
My new GC 600 is still sitting on my driveway waiting for a wet room tap, rear shower coupling and front footwell light. Got the van on 5th August and the garage area flooded due to faulty shower connector and floor under wet room flooded due to leaking tap in the cupboard this was when I was testing the system the day after pick up!!! Anyway the van has been stood since and coupled to the mains as It does not have the solar panel. My questions are:
1. After unplugging the mains and nothing being switched on over 4 days the Leisure battery dropped from 100% to 40% is this normal?? There is no current draw showing on the panel.
2. Do people who don’t have the solar panel leave their van plugged into the mains permanently or do you just switch off the main switch in the camper part of the van. This requires resetting heating and day and time?
3. Has anyone got any other suggestions??
What is the voltage shown?
The % shown is a somewhat iffy calculation, unlike the voltage.

Voltage showing was 12.6v
According to the charts for AGM batteries that's 90% capacity.
If you switch Ignition On/Off it normally recalculates the % reading.

Back