Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 600 upper bed

Finlay

Finlay

VIP Member
Vehicle
Just browsing
Just being curious but can an adult sleep in the upper bed provided they are under the weight limit?

Well, we have the GC 600 only for a short time, but we did some "tests" on the upper bed.

It is rather small (better to say short). But I could imagine to sleep there for a night or two. Have I said that I am only 1,74m. If somebody is taller I'd say it is not possible.

The weight limit for one adult shouldn't be a problem either.

A question is not only the size, but the comfort of the upper bed. I am not sure if it is that comfortable as the bed in the back of the camper.

In short, in my opinion it should be possible for an adult to sleep in the GC 600 upper bed for one or two nights, provided if this person is not too tall.

Happy sleeping California,
Eberhard

Hola, escribo desde el Pais Vasco, Spain.
Tengo una 600 con la cama arriba. Intenté dormir una “SIESTA” una tarde de este invierno pandémico pero me resultó muy complicado, mido 1,83cms. He diseñado una pequeña plataforma de hierro y aluminio para añadir a la cama de arriba y la verdad es que me ha quedado muy bien. Ahora tengo una cama de 1,20x1,90m, que para una persona adulta está bien. No tengo las fotos pero intento adjuntarlas y las envío al foro.

Y otra cosa: hay disponible ya varias campañas en Vokswagen para solucionar algunos errores:
campaña para los armarios traseros( ajustes)
campaña para evitar la fuga de agua de la puerta de la ducha( muy importante)
campaña para ajustar puerta del frigorífico.
Acude a tu concesionario más próximo y pide para que te lo solucionen.

No dudéis en consultarme cualquier duda! Compré la GC en septiembre de 2020 y tengo bastante conocimiento sobre ella porque al principio tuve problemas. Ahora estamos muy muy muy contentos y felices.

No dudéis en consultarme cualquier duda! Compré la GC en septiembre de 2020 y tengo bastante conocimiento sobre ella porque al principio tuve problemas. Ahora estamos muy muy muy contentos y felices.
muchas gracias por sus respuestas. Me alegro de que esté satisfecho con su GC 600.
( via Google translate!)

Yes it is possible, if not particularly comfortable. I am 1.70cm and I sleep up there with my toddler. It is a bit cramped height-wise and rather stuffy.
I have to sleep with head on the extended folding section, otherwise my feet hit the end.

We have just been away for a the week and our 14 year old who is 172cm and he was super comfy in the upper bed. It was really hot weather but the van was cool with all the windows and skylights open. If a friend is with him they prefer to sleep in a tent but if It is just a night stopover they are happy to sleep in the upper bed.

Back