Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Deep Ocean Blue Paint Code

Syscot

Syscot

Vehicle
Grand California 680
I have a two tone GC 680 and need to do a small body repair. Does anyone have code for Deep Ocean Blue? Or know how to get it. My VW dealer has no idea:oops: and so far no reply to emails to Germany.

I have a two tone GC 680 and need to do a small body repair. Does anyone have code for Deep Ocean Blue? Or know how to get it. My VW dealer has no idea:oops: and so far no reply to emails to Germany.
The Dealer should be able to get the paint code from the VW computer system using Reg Number or VIN. Also it should be on the Options sticker in Handbook/Service book , on Drivers seat base or lower edge of Dashboard. It will be a 4 digit code starting with a letter.

Any decent body shop will be able to tell you as they will just read / decipher the paint code; they will also be able to make an adjustment (if necessary) for the age of the van as paint colour fades very slightly over time.

Isn't it on the options sticker in the front of the service book and/or on the same thing stuck somewhere on the inside bodywork?

If you find the sticker and can't fathom it post a picture and I'll do my best to help you.

The sticker is like this although this is a T6.
Image1.jpg

The paint codes are in the marked area, this one is Reflex Silver I assume other body colours would be where the 0000 markings are.

If you are interested you can decode all the PR Codes shown on the sticker at various websites, just search 'vw pr code decoder'.

Thanks. Nothing in the service book which is odd and Ive identified the same sticker inside body work but it just quotes the code for candy white not the blue - but from my own internet trawl l agree LA5H seems most likely code.

Does anyone have a source for touch up paint that ships to EU? I have been searching and all I am finding is UK website sources and on Amazon.de none of the items are eligible to ship to Slovakia. I am actually looking for a touch up pen or small jar of La5H...I have a decent-sized chip right on the drivers door edge by the gas tank....not sure if I banged the door when I was fueling or if all those unpaved roads in the Baltics did the trick.

I am not concerned with if it looks professionally done- I just don't want any rust to form.
Thanks!

Back