Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC External Windscreen Cover Needed.

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Has anyone found a good quality external thermal blind, like the template of the Brandrup ISOLITE Outdoor.

I have the Brandrup ISOLITE Outdoor, had if for just over 12 months and its becoming transparent. really poor quality.

The only good thing about the Brandrup ISOLITE is it is light, stows away compactly and fits just the windscreen as I have the www.project-camper.de side window internal covers which are brilliant. Shame they do not manufacture one.

I also have the full winter Rainbow thermal windscreen raparound which includeds the side windows but would prefer a lightweight screen cover for the summer.

Any ideas..

Will

We've got one from Taylormade screen covers - fairly expensive but excellent quality and great service

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Has anyone found a good quality external thermal blind, like the template of the Brandrup ISOLITE Outdoor.

I have the Brandrup ISOLITE Outdoor, had if for just over 12 months and its becoming transparent. really poor quality.

The only good thing about the Brandrup ISOLITE is it is light, stows away compactly and fits just the windscreen as I have the www.project-camper.de side window internal covers which are brilliant. Shame they do not manufacture one.

I also have the full winter Rainbow thermal windscreen raparound which includeds the side windows but would prefer a lightweight screen cover for the summer.

Any ideas..

Will
Do you not have the project camper internal windscreen cover? I have that one too and am impressed. Was on a recommendation from this forum I recall.

Hi just back last night, so will load the new mattress tomorrow afternoon and let you no the result, however the prototype comfort was good considering we slept on it for 7 weeks.

Yes have the internal Project Camper cab side windows and really rate them for there quality fit and performance.

Funny I called them today on the off chance they would make a external version of the Brandrup, and as it happens they have just this week produced just what I was looking for. Its magnetic folds into four pieces. Hard to find on there site. So they sent me a link 249 euros https://www.project-camper.de/magnet-aussenisolierung-vw-crafter-mercedes-sprinter-002.html

Tried ordering one but hit a snag will call them tomorrow afternoon.

We've got one from Taylormade screen covers - fairly expensive but excellent quality and great service

Thanks for your reply but the same applies as Marks reply.

Thanks again

Will

Thanks for your reply but the same applies as Marks reply.

Thanks again

Will
Ah ok - not sure why you don't want the side windows covered, but if you're worried about opening the doors you just have to undo the velcro under the mirror and the door opens fine

Ah ok - not sure why you don't want the side windows covered, but if you're worried about opening the doors you just have to undo the velcro under the mirror and the door opens fine

Hi Mike no I already have the internal magnetic Project Camper covers.

@Jester curious if you ordered this and if you did could you share your review. Thanks much!

@Jester curious if you ordered this and if you did could you share your review. Thanks much!
Hi there SlovakiaGrandCalifornia600 yes orders came to me after about 3 weeks good company to deal with as very responsive. ordered in the black colour It fits the screen perfectly and totally dark inside as no gaps, it comes with strap that fix around the door handle. I did not like this, so adapted it and cut the straps off , but just long enough for the straps to fit just inside the door A pillar and fix Velcro to the shorten straps and the inside of the A pillar.
this modification may not be necessary as it has magnets all around the top and outside edges which seem sufficient, but thought in a windy day might need the extra security of the velcro.

it is also thin enough it stows away nicely over the top of the cab. expensive but worth it for what it gives in practicality. Have not used it in winter or sun yet but off to Italy tomorrow so can hopefully advise how it performs in hot weather.

@Jester Thanks for the reply- and would love to hear how it performs on your trip to Italy (Enjoy!) Also- could you post a pic or two- both installed and folded- when you have a chance of course. As you say this is a tad expensive- but if it works well worth it- especially as we plan on traveling year round as soon as this house reconstruction is done! Cheers!

Your welcome, it is a lot less bulky to store in comparison to the wrap around type which I had previously.

Will

morning SlovakiaGC600 as promised

Looks amazing! Hope it has been keeping the GC nice and cool! Thank you!! We are going to order- but will need to wait until we get back from our trip due to shipping time.

Looks amazing! Hope it has been keeping the GC nice and cool! Thank you!! We are going to order- but will need to wait until we get back from our trip due to shipping time.
Hi, better than expected I hope it’s as good in the winter. We are on the Chinqua terra at the moment sunny about 23/25c in between some showers.

We pulled the trigger and the Project Camper Exterior Insulation arrived today- super easy to install and looks great- now to test out on the road!
Van-Exterior Insulation.jpgVan-Exterior Insulation 1.jpg

@Jester they were so easy ad quick to install...and they fold-up nicely too! Excited to put them to use in a few weeks!

Back