GC Servicing

DonGraham

DonGraham

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I had my GC680 serviced at year 1 at around 4800 miles. One year later now at 11200 miles and looked in the service book, and it states next service is due 08/12/25 at 24796 miles. Normally I get my other vehicles serviced annually so not sure what to do? It is in for warrantee work again shortly, but that's on the habitation side, the van side (touch wood) is working well.
My son who has a T5.1 Kombi actually does 20,000+ miles a year, serviced annually and (again touch wood) the van has now done 215K miles, and other than tyres, brakes, battery plus a suspension strut has never missed a beat! It was expensive when he bought it but it has been an amazing van! So I know 20,000 mile services are ok with the advanced oils we have now, but what do others do?
Even if you've only done around 7000 miles, do you get a service done annually, when the dealer says leave it another year? In another year it will still be no where near 24796 miles. My next service is still free, so don't really want to waste it if not needed...

I had my GC680 serviced at year 1 at around 4800 miles. One year later now at 11200 miles and looked in the service book, and it states next service is due 08/12/25 at 24796 miles. Normally I get my other vehicles serviced annually so not sure what to do? It is in for warrantee work again shortly, but that's on the habitation side, the van side (touch wood) is working well.
My son who has a T5.1 Kombi actually does 20,000+ miles a year, serviced annually and (again touch wood) the van has now done 215K miles, and other than tyres, brakes, battery plus a suspension strut has never missed a beat! It was expensive when he bought it but it has been an amazing van! So I know 20,000 mile services are ok with the advanced oils we have now, but what do others do?
Even if you've only done around 7000 miles, do you get a service done annually, when the dealer says leave it another year? In another year it will still be no where near 24796 miles. My next service is still free, so don't really want to waste it if not needed...
I did what my GC told me, it’s just had its first service at 2 years old.
Surprised you have a service book!

Ahhh I bought one! Got it on ebay when I realised it didn't have a service book and it covers the Crafter. I like to have something in print to keep an eye on. No isses with the dealer filling it in and stamping it.
Think I'll go the same as you Chris, save my next free service to 2025.

I have a MAN TGE, the service indicator was counting down to it's first oil change at 12500 miles. However, I ignored this and had the oil changed at 18 months. The dealer has reset the service indicator to 12 months intervals.

I got the 4 service deal with the van. I got it serviced at 1 year. I presumed it was 4 years along with the 4 year warranty but turns out it’s 4 services. I believe after 1 year is advised due to the engine running in etc however after that it’s every 2 so year 3 just done then year 5 and year 7. Might end up switching before year 9 so pretty good.
In for the high level break light and a new sink tomorrow. Hoping that all the issues are sorted now. However, 3 years old van left sitting for only three weeks and the engine didn’t start first time. Eventually started on second after a good few turns. Since it’s been driven again it’s been fine but feel three years is short for a battery to run down so quickly