J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Just wondering why VW has dropped the sport mode after MY 22

Just wondering why VW has dropped the sport mode after MY 22
Probably all to do with emissions . The Manual function will probably be next to go.

Inevitable… speed limiters will be next. Stop the world, i want to get off…
Speed limiters Are next and only a matter of time before you won’t be able to turn them off. I recon by 2026 ish being able to go above the speed limit in a new vehicle will be a thing of the past. Then by 2030 they are going to be all electric anyway so charging your vehicle at home is going to cost an arm and a leg with cheap night rate electricity phased out. It will probably make Petrol and Diesel look cheap.

Sport Mode!
The future looks bleak, but I remember when you had to walk in front of your van waving a red flag!

Speed limiters Are next and only a matter of time before you won’t be able to turn them off. I recon by 2026 ish being able to go above the speed limit in a new vehicle will be a thing of the past. Then by 2030 they are going to be all electric anyway so charging your vehicle at home is going to cost an arm and a leg with cheap night rate electricity phased out. It will probably make Petrol and Diesel look cheap.
The German motor industry will be having a sticky time, why buy a high performance car at all if the speed limits will be imposed from above as if by magic. Presumably the road death rate will rapidly shrink, so not all bad, probably.

The German motor industry will be having a sticky time, why buy a high performance car at all if the speed limits will be imposed from above as if by magic. Presumably the road death rate will rapidly shrink, so not all bad, probably.
That’s the way governments and legislators want it. They make the point that it will save lives. Well that’s pretty obvious if you won’t be able to go above 20 mph in ANY built up area not just near schools or hospitals but anywhere near a city. Speeds will probably be reduced to maybe 50 mph anywhere else..They are getting ready for autonomous vehicles which you won’t actually drive yourself you just sit there like being In a taxi... SO while you have the opportunity go fill your boots..

That’s the way governments and legislators want it. They make the point that it will save lives. Well that’s pretty obvious if you won’t be able to go above 20 mph in ANY built up area not just near schools or hospitals but anywhere near a city. Speeds will probably be reduced to maybe 50 mph anywhere else..They are getting ready for autonomous vehicles which you won’t actually drive yourself you just sit there like being In a taxi... SO while you have the opportunity go fill your boots..
Right everywhere in sport mode burning as much diesel as possible while I can. :)

Back