Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC680 3.5T weight limit

D

Dasteknoviking

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello all, been lurking on this forum for some time now. Cheers from Bavaria.

I am steering towards a GC and I don't want the high 600 roof as my wife can't reach the roof vents to open them.

I found a 3.5T rated 680 that's got a 2 seater classifications.

Dealer sent me the registration and it says 3188 is the vehicles weight on the German registration. Anyone have anything similar and can chime in on the weight?

I don't wanna deal with having to get a C1 license.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome! I thought that all GC680 were rated at 3.88T, not heard of any that are classed under that weight.
edit: ignore the above, I am wrong, you can get a GC680 on the lower weight.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! I thought that all GC680 were rated at 3.88T, not heard of any that are classed under that weight.
Not in Europe Dave. You can get a 680 without rear seatbelts as a 3.5t. So only possible to have 2 people on board. Given it’s a 2 berth it sort of works. Limited payload though.

@Dasteknoviking Sure the vehicle & driver weight comes in at 3.256 (UK spec), maybe the 3.188 you have is just the vehicle.

Not in Europe Dave. You can get a 680 without rear seatbelts as a 3.5t. So only possible to have 2 people on board. Given it’s a 2 berth it sort of works. Limited payload though.

@Dasteknoviking Sure the vehicle & driver weight comes in at 3.256 (UK spec), maybe the 3.188 you have is just the vehicle.
My apologies Chris, I stand corrected! ignore my response!! :cool:

I found a 3.5T rated 680 that's got a 2 seater classifications.

Dealer sent me the registration and it says 3188 is the vehicles weight on the German registration. Anyone have anything similar and can chime in on the weight?

I don't wanna deal with having to get a C1 license.
They were available in this configuration in Ireland. Apart from no seat belts being fitted in the rear it’s exactly the same as a standard van. You cant have any heavy options on it as there is little payload.
According to the brochure an empty 680 with an allowance for 90% fuel, 20 litres of water & a 75 kg driver comes in at 3256kg It sounds like you need to get that van on a weighbridge to work out 100% what the 3188 includes.

Thanks all, actually the dealer was wrong and the listed weight is 3166kg.

Being a hefty fella, my wife also not exactly a feather.. Plus a giant dog will put us on the limit w/o any of our personal belongings.

Vehicle isn't exactly near me so I can't weight it myself.

Looks like 680 is out of the question.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Back