Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC680 Wi-Fi question

Iron Van

Iron Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I wonder if anyone can help, please?

I decided today to try and fire up the VW Wi-Fi system. I found the cable in the middle port under the seat, so following advice on here moved it to the left. I got on to the VW admin page using 192.168 etc and checked that I was on Vodafone. It showed 48m download and 9m upload, which seems slow. On my mobile in the van it shows 2 bars of signal, the same as my van WiFi. I expected more on the van system.

I have seen that some owners have found the antenna disconnected or missing. Does anyone have a picture of the antenna? I have a camera that I have managed to put up above the door but don’t know what I am looking for. TIA, Steve

That all sounds right to me. I’ve not found much speed difference. The difference is reception quality in low signal areas (1 or 0 bars on phone and the van still works).

The antenna is behind the right hand white panel above the side door, but you need to take both panels off to see it as the left has to be taken off first. I took the left hand panel off mine and found a loose wire so had to head back to the dealer. (Picture here isn’t mine but with the left panel removed i can just about see the aerial as the left edge of the right panel blocks the line of sight)
IMG_0636.jpeg

That all sounds right to me. I’ve not found much speed difference. The difference is reception quality in low signal areas (1 or 0 bars on phone and the van still works).

The antenna is behind the right hand white panel above the side door, but you need to take both panels off to see it as the left has to be taken off first. I took the left hand panel off mine and found a loose wire so had to head back to the dealer. (Picture here isn’t mine but with the left panel removed i can just about see the aerial as the left edge of the right panel blocks the line of sight)
View attachment 124951

That is perfect! Thank you so much