Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Genuine VAG Spares online?

B

Bjohnson

VIP Member
Anyone know or recommend online parts supply?

My 2012 high level tailgate brake light, the cover has popped out. Looks like it has a rubber seal that has perished and broken and doesn’t look like the cover snaps back in place, I’m not sure if it’s a whole unit (including the led) or whether i can order a new cover with seal. Ideally would like to peruse an online parts catalogue and order something to fit.

Have a word with a dealer first, there was a recall for these, your van may be covered.

Anyone know or recommend online parts supply?

My 2012 high level tailgate brake light, the cover has popped out. Looks like it has a rubber seal that has perished and broken and doesn’t look like the cover snaps back in place, I’m not sure if it’s a whole unit (including the led) or whether i can order a new cover with seal. Ideally would like to peruse an online parts catalogue and order something to fit.
It will need a whole new light. Bit of a pain to put in if you do a search there are good instructions on here so where. You will need a set of trim tools

I’ve bought two genuine parts recently via LLLparts dot co dot uk and found them to be the cheapest I could source (20% cheaper than main dealer parts dept in both cases). The only observation would be that despatch and delivery is quite slow but not a particular problem when we’re not going anywhere during lockdown. You can search their website with the VW part number and take it from there.

Perfect, thanks for the replies, have also found the tread about his being a warranty issue.

I’ll order up a replacement and brace myself for fitting it.

incidentally, is this an opportunity to fit a reversing camera while the tailgate trim is off, or is that a different piece of trim?

Back