Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gigi new owner

G

Gigi

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi everyone I have just bought the California coast and can’t wait to hit the road. Any advice on the dos and don’t of purchasing accessories. Thanks gigi

:welcome Gigi

Go use the van before deciding what you would like to improve your experience.
Everyone has different requirements in how they use the Cali.
You can make expensive mistakes purchasing stuff before you have used the van a few times and in different circumstances

Congrats :cheers

Welcome Gigi. A beautiful part of Ireland that you are in. Lots of places to Enjoy the Cali.

As perfectos says - use the van first. Use things at home first so that then you can buy things for your van that you will need.

However, three things that I recommend to everyone - not in any specific order
a) a steering lock - this is a visible deterrent to anyone eyeing an expensive machine
b) a rear spare wheel lock - (sparesafe), to keep the rear wheel safe. not that there will be issues, but it is just a pain when/if someone decides they want it.

A bellows bungee is another good investment - to keep your bellows from getting stuck in the scissor mechanism.

Also, not sure if your dealer provided you with the gas bottle. A campingaz 907 bottle is what you will need.

Everything else ... you can buy as you see the need.

Enjoy! and do post up pictures of your van and your adventures.

Hi everyone I have just bought the California coast and can’t wait to hit the road. Any advice on the dos and don’t of purchasing accessories. Thanks gigi
Hi Gigi,
Welcome to the California lifestyle!
The previous suggestions are all very good security items.

One thing that I'm not sure I could travel without are 'levelling blocks'. We have Fiamma which you can get for between £25-£35. These allow you to get the van flat even if you end up on a pitch with a slope. Of course, in many places you can find flat pitches but often you cannot and sleeping on a slope, L to R or F to B, is far from ideal. You will also need a small spirit level to help you achieve 'flat'. Then you can relax knowing a good nights sleep awaits!