Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Glenshee

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Has anyone stayed overnight in the car park at the ski area recently?
I've seen posts elsewhere saying it's OK but they were from a few years ago.
Thinking of heading up there in a couple of weeks if the snow holds.

I was up on Sunday - just for the day but there were a number of motorhomes/vans who clearly were staying over.

It was absolutely mobbed on Sunday and the car park closed (full) by 10.30am so get there early or the previous evening. All car parks were snowy but the upper car park a little dicy for 2WD vehicles.

If you have a portapotti you're fine. But the toilets were less than ideal - be warned. Great skiing though !

PS. There's more snow than there's been for years so it'll last until late March / April I guess. 2m+ at Glenshee and I'm told 9m depth at the top of Cairngorm !!

Thanks Ewan, sounds good.
Got the Porta Potti, 4Motion on winter tyres and got chains if needed so should be OK

Cheers
Brian

We got back last night, loads of snow but the visibilty was typically Scotish!!!
Lots of Cali's in the car park.
You can park in the main carparks over night for free, you just need to let them know.Not an issue, it's to do with the police and mrt coming accross your van and thinking you are missing!thats what they told us.
If you wanted hook up they were wanting five quid, it was busy though.
Paul.

Thank for that Paul, didn't realise you can get a hook up as well.

Cheers
Brian

Just got back from a really good few days up here. We arrived just before 5pm on Friday and were lucky enough to get the last hookup. There are about six hookups close to the main buildings and about 50 metres from the chairlift. Fiver a night. If you go just hook up and sort it out later. No one checked all weekend and they don't give a sticker or anything to say you have paid.
Snowed about 4 ins on Saturday night so were glad of Comfortz topper and screen cover.

P1160422small_zps598ad9d4.jpg

P1160425small_zps0ff3548e.jpg

P1160421small_zpsc4df0dec.jpg
Couldn't be much closer to the action.

Looks great ! And thanks for the info - useful to know. How do you have your skis secured just out of interest ?

It's a Fiamma bike rack with the bike stands taken off and two standard lockable Thule roof rail ski holders bolted on.
I have taken the roof rail brackets off the holders and there is already a suitable hole there which just needs a corresponding hole drilled in the Fiamma tubing to bolts them on to the frame.
Simple five minute job to unbolt them and refit the bike bits.

Hi, just got our new van on Friday, spent the Sun / Mon at Glencoe, snow still fantastic. I had the where do I put the skis? dilemma till when I was packing the van till I found the pop out section at the rhs of the seat / bed base which allows the skis to slide through under the seat ( 2 sets in 1 bag) from the back. This still allows access to both cupboards and keeps the skis away from that nasty road salt.

Back