Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Got the Van at the weekend - and a trip to Wales - 4 up!

Stokie1

Stokie1

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi Folks

Bought the van on a bit of an impulse a month ago - we had been thinking about it but popped to Leicester van centre and they were great - Adam was very very helpful - and took delivery this weekend. I thought I was well passed camping - cramped uncomfortable and wet - but the Van really seems to be changing all of this.

We have only done one night in Wales with my two (very big) sons and it was a bit tight - but it will mainly be used as a 2 man tourer. which I think it will be fine for.

Also for towing a dinghy and race car.

Its a beach - which was a conscious decision from an Ocean.

Will no doubt have a few queries when we have time to have a good look.

Great forum this.

Thanks.

cali van.jpg

Hi and welcome.
Nice looking van and you will certainly love the trips you are going to make with it.
Thanks for the pictures.
Don't hesitate to ask questions if you don't find them on the forum first.

Welcome Stokie. Always a good idea to go with your impulses... well this time anyway!

Those wheels look good on that van, snazzy but not blingy, if you know what I mean. :cheers

:welcome To the Beach club Stokie1

Nice picture, Love the wheels

Is it a 2 seat rear bench ?

Don’t forget to wave

Hi again

Yep - love the wheels - a bit bling but hopefully not too much so!

We have a 2 seater which gives us the bench and storage - unlike loads on here we didn’t do much research but just rolled with it

Initial thoughts

Front seats a real juggle to turn round - there must be a nac to it

Downstairs bed is huge - much bigger than our mates with an ocean - controversial!

Front usb didn’t charge the phones - don’t know why

Front door lights went off after sitting for a few hours - maybe a cut off as perhaps they are on main battery??

3 pin socket didn’t work - do we have to be plugged to mains?

The fridge that the dealer chucked in with the 1200 freebies as well as tow bar - seat covers and mats - was good - but not that cold

All niggles - but we loved it having not camped for 10 years - already planning a trip to Europe next year

Could NEVER be seen with a caravan - motorhomes just look cumbersome but the Cali is so cool

Hi again

Yep - love the wheels - a bit bling but hopefully not too much so!

We have a 2 seater which gives us the bench and storage - unlike loads on here we didn’t do much research but just rolled with it

Initial thoughts

Front seats a real juggle to turn round - there must be a nac to it

Downstairs bed is huge - much bigger than our mates with an ocean - controversial!

Front usb didn’t charge the phones - don’t know why

Front door lights went off after sitting for a few hours - maybe a cut off as perhaps they are on main battery??

3 pin socket didn’t work - do we have to be plugged to mains?

The fridge that the dealer chucked in with the 1200 freebies as well as tow bar - seat covers and mats - was good - but not that cold

All niggles - but we loved it having not camped for 10 years - already planning a trip to Europe next year

Could NEVER be seen with a caravan - motorhomes just look cumbersome but the Cali is so cool

Front usb should charge when ignition is switch on ?
Cool box is exactly that search compressor fridge for a true fridge / freezer
3 pin socket on a beach requires you to be on 240v hook, plug into the external socket under the flap with a round pin connector extension lead see pics below
5BAE77AB-DA9A-4F13-9EFF-A93A2088F0DC.jpeg5C8B0CC4-E8C8-48A2-8E9E-912437A40F4F.jpeg

Back