Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 600 fuses, wiring diagram, and so on..

K

Kalifax

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi,

Took me Way too long to find that, instead of trying to locate the workshop manual downloadable online and get ripped off by some shady workshop manual site, VAG just offers them to everyone via erWin at erwin.volkswagen.de - no you dont need to be VW tech or dealer/workshop to use it, just register as private person and buy cheapest access option (for me, 1hour, 7eur) and you can search your rig by VIN or model to access All the good stuff.

Took me half of that 1 hour to figure out how the system works but still had enough time to print out all the stuff I was looking for and I can always go back for more.

Now one thing which is not included in my manual and should be is the fuses/relays description for the house, been looking for that stuff for ages, heres a sneak peek.

1638695380314.png
1638695430636.png

1638695482143.png

1638695500796.png

Also some random fun bits regarding service indicator reset in case you are on long adventure and just need a quick oil change.

1638695582044.png

1638695649120.png

Another thing I was looking for was how/if the heating of water systems work for the cold climate adventures

1638695758464.png

Theres so much more, the actual wiring diagrams, working instructions, lift points, descriptions of systems like the solar charge controller and more.

Also on other mobile home improvement topics, heres a nifty add on to your solar controller - an panel that can show your charging performance;

1638696454152.png

Another random bit of information I recently stumbled on by accident is that you can enable footwell lights while driving by coding with VCDS at least, there are guides how to do it on Golf for example, works just the same way.

Just wanted to share my experience as fairly new GC owner and maybe give someone a head start on how to find the stuff yourself. :)

See you on the road!

You can find all the basic Crafter info here.

I haven't searched it for GC specifics but have downloaded all the parts of the workshop manuals to my PC, they are in pdf format.
If you find that you can't download them in pdf format directly you can always print to pdf format to store them.

All that pending the delivery of my MAN TGE!

Hi,

Took me Way too long to find that, instead of trying to locate the workshop manual downloadable online and get ripped off by some shady workshop manual site, VAG just offers them to everyone via erWin at erwin.volkswagen.de - no you dont need to be VW tech or dealer/workshop to use it, just register as private person and buy cheapest access option (for me, 1hour, 7eur) and you can search your rig by VIN or model to access All the good stuff.

Took me half of that 1 hour to figure out how the system works but still had enough time to print out all the stuff I was looking for and I can always go back for more.

Now one thing which is not included in my manual and should be is the fuses/relays description for the house, been looking for that stuff for ages, heres a sneak peek.

View attachment 87191
View attachment 87192

View attachment 87193

View attachment 87194

Also some random fun bits regarding service indicator reset in case you are on long adventure and just need a quick oil change.

View attachment 87195

View attachment 87196

Another thing I was looking for was how/if the heating of water systems work for the cold climate adventures

View attachment 87197

Theres so much more, the actual wiring diagrams, working instructions, lift points, descriptions of systems like the solar charge controller and more.

Also on other mobile home improvement topics, heres a nifty add on to your solar controller - an panel that can show your charging performance;

View attachment 87198

Another random bit of information I recently stumbled on by accident is that you can enable footwell lights while driving by coding with VCDS at least, there are guides how to do it on Golf for example, works just the same way.

Just wanted to share my experience as fairly new GC owner and maybe give someone a head start on how to find the stuff yourself. :)

See you on the road!
Hi Kalifax,

Thank you for this valuable information and very useful, big ask but are you able to put the technical details into a printable format, sorry to ask but to valuable to pass up.

Many thanks

Sure, will take a while as I am on the road and most of that stuff is on my home pc..

1638883537445.png

However I did find the instruction originally made by someone else, for the VCDS coding, can probably be done with other tools too but I am happy user of ross-tech VCDS so that is what I have used.

NOTE/DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any aspect of this mod, if you choose to try it, it is at your own risk and you should not fiddle with any of the adaptations if you are slight bit unsure how coding works!

Description of the mod;

Footwell lights on while driving (when driving lights are on to be more precise), while door is open lights at 100%, dimmed down to set value while door is closed, I believe this requires 9N2 RTK option in car to work properly, but got no idea if there are any other differences between year/models and country variants - AFAIK this works similarly on all VAG vehicles with same/similar modules.

additional tips: 1. Record the original values before you execute for rollback in case it does not work as expected. (even better, good to have full backup of all adaptions just in case) 2. You need to have hood open for security access.

Go to -> 09 - central electric, enable security access -> 31347

go to - > adaptation

search for "lc72"

Enable footwell light while driving lights are on
ENG116966-ENG116449-leuchte30FR LC72-lichtfunktion C 30 - Select Terminal 58xs dimmer
do it

Not completely sure what this does but needed no change in my case
ENG116966-ENG116452-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimming direction CD 30 -> set to maximize
do it

Dimming level while driving (% value, change to your liking)
ENG116966-ENG11657-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert CD30 -> set to 3
do it

should have instant result.

Happy coding!

Thanks for that info, do you know what the RTK you mention is as it's not a PR code as far as I know?

9N2 = Step illumination with on/off control

I'm assuming that the lights that you refer to are those fitted in the end of the dash pointing down to the front door steps.

Hi,

View attachment 87191
View attachment 87192

View attachment 87193

View attachment 87194

View attachment 87195

View attachment 87196

View attachment 87197

View attachment 87198

See you on the road!
Im guessing this is for the 680 as the 600 has pretty much nothing under the consumer board inside the sealed cupboard. So it leaves me wondering where the light control unit is, as it must have one!