Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Fuses behind water bottle holder

Jim Haviland

Jim Haviland

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello

I have seen some great posts on here re the layout of the fuses behind the water bottle and read the manual several times - what I can’t discover is how to actually gain access to them - could someone please advise where exactly the lugs as described in the manual are - thanks in advance.

I did do a search - it’s that kind of sarcasm that makes me avoid these forums
HC is from Belgium, you misunderstand cultural/language differences for sarcasm.

I had the same difficulty recently, finding the fuses for the cigarette lighter. Unfortunately I have the 'uncomfortable' dashboard. I just tugged on the central panel to reveal this:
07e972edc4bc3e446a8063a4143a0391.jpg

Any help?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I did do a search - it’s that kind of sarcasm that makes me avoid these forums

Hi Jim. Welcome to the forum.
Hopefully you did get an answer though. There’s a bit of history to the searching issue and HC can be a bit blunt but does always help out. Try not to take offence and stick around. You will soon sort out who’s who and the cultural differences.

Personally I use a web browser for searches as below which gets good results.

site:vwcaliforniaclub.com

Use the above followed by the keyword.

Mike

@Jim Haviland
I could always delete my posts.....

@Amarillo , we still don't know witch Cali he has , verhicle details are empty ...

Don't mind me , just giving solid answers to questions

Anyway , hope you got a startingpoint and soon you will be schooting the next question;)

@T6 CFO , my only "history" is the history of the hundred posts i read every week here and knowing answers are availeble so searching gives solutions....:thumb

Last edited:
@Jim Haviland , any news ?

You read my link , then checked out for about 1h .
Now just got back online.
Did you managed to find the problem?

Was a bit worried i 'd actually chased you away:D

maybe some of those 5 Ah fuses is about the rear trunk light? my light does not work (t6 ocean) .. the bulb is not burned ... I can not solve this little problem ... and I do not want to put the Cali in the hands of the VW !!

@Jim Haviland , any news ?

You read my link , then checked out for about 1h .
Now just got back online.
Did you managed to find the problem?

Was a bit worried i 'd actually chased you away:D

Yes I found the lugs - need to be a limbo dancer to change a fuse though !!

Indeed , and a (head)flashlight can be helpfull .
Did you found the (broken) fuse , what was the issue?

Indeed , and a (head)flashlight can be helpfull .
Did you found the (broken) fuse , what was the issue?

No Issue yet - only got it in December and planning my first trip next week - just like to know where these things are - thanks for your help.

maybe some of those 5 Ah fuses is about the rear trunk light? my light does not work (t6 ocean) .. the bulb is not burned ... I can not solve this little problem ... and I do not want to put the Cali in the hands of the VW !!

The exact location of fuses in the fusebox is very hard to tell and sometimes diffrent in the diffrent Cali versions.
Are you talking the small light under the rear parcel shelf or the light in the roof next the overheadlocker?

No Issue yet - only got it in December and planning my first trip next week - just like to know where these things are - thanks for your help.

Very clever to do so !
Better safe than sorry , and sorry from my side for given the wrong impression

A man after my own heart.
Something I found useful was making up a note on my iPhone called Called Cali Stats where I keep a record of the vital statistics and pasted in pics such as below
1ff98fc9ee0c62ce2ce3a4b18954ba1a.jpg

This one is the fuses under passenger seat on a RH drive.

b65c366ad2079d6bbb531a1cdb3857ec.jpg

This one of an Ocean

Also a record of tyre pressures, depths, torque settings etc etc

Mike

the light under the hatbox ... closet side ... thank you if you can help me ...

A man after my own heart.
Something I found useful was making up a note on my iPhone called Called Cali Stats where I keep a record of the vital statistics and pasted in pics such as below
1ff98fc9ee0c62ce2ce3a4b18954ba1a.jpg

This one is the fuses under passenger seat on a RH drive.

b65c366ad2079d6bbb531a1cdb3857ec.jpg

This one of an Ocean

Also a record of tyre pressures, depths, torque settings etc etc

Mike

Thanks Mike - I saw this screenshot on my search earlier and took a copy for my phone - very handy.

Its there but just a tiny magnifying glass. You need to search for search box on mobile :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s there but very difficult to find !!

Last edited by a moderator:
well bugger me with a big buggering stick. I zoomed in on the pic of what I think is the 3 sisters in glencoe and there is the little magnifying glass for search. cheers Mr sarcasm.whoever you are

That pic looks familar ;)

Here is another one I made.
View attachment 28837
I spent ages searching for something like that the other day. I was trying to locate the 15 amp fuse for the cigarette lighter, and pulled the top 15amp fuse, and then forgot where I'd pulled it from- doh.

Eventually I found an unlabelled photo.

What an excellent resource.

I've also managed to confirm that the Beach socket labelled 'max 20 amps' has a 15 amp fuse. That seems a bit odd to me. A bit like a motorway sign saying max 70 mph then penalising a motorist for exceeding 50 mph.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Excellent detail for both fuse boxes. Copied for future reference. Just in case

Such helpful reference pics to put safely in phone folder - thanks for the idea!

Back