Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greasemonkeys look here!

ooooooh touched a nerve there

At the time a slightly sore point with me ...

"Jenny, can I borrow your car this morning, mine's in the garage"....

"Yes, I know it's in the garage, I saw the state it came back in from your terribly macho track day at BH..... you can borrow my car if you put some fuel in it, remember though it's diesel".....

"of course, how could I forget, it sounds like a truck"....

An hour later...

"Oh! , Jennifer? your car ..... well, it's just been collected ... from the forecourt, no harm done but ........ "

It was worth practically a whole wardrobe in new shoes, not to mention the coat and bag to match ....

Diesel, diesel, DIESEL! Is what my husband says to me every time I go to fill Holly up. So far no mistakes! It also helps that I put on the plastic gloves so I don't get diesel on my hands, which again reminds me to use DIESEL!

Nope but I do panic check the pump as I press the trigger.

My only concerns is when we change cars but this time the Wife has gone from a diesel to a petrol hybrid so I top it up every 1500miles or so.

The diesel pump filler is larger than the petrol so harder to make the mistake

Good to hear that.

My two-year-old has a toy. There are four solid shapes (cylinder, triangular prism, cube and hexagonal prism) and a box with openings on the top (circle, triangle, square and hexagon). The cylinder will only fit into the box through the circular opening, the triangular prism will only fit into the box through the triangular opening, the cube will only fit into the box through the square opening and the hexagonal prism will only fit into the box through the hexagonal opening.

Why can't filling stations and vehicle manufacturers come together and invent a similar system for filling motor vehicles?
Should have patented it not posted it!

Our car is petrol, the Cali diesel.
Complete paranoia when filling up.
Thank goodness for the labels in the fuel flap.

I collect my First campervan on Tuesday - shiny black Cali! It's also my first diesel vehicle - and I'm old and forgetful - I'm terrifiede of doing this - hopefully so terrified that I'll be thinking of it all the time!

I collect my First campervan on Tuesday - shiny black Cali! It's also my first diesel vehicle - and I'm old and forgetful - I'm terrifiede of doing this - hopefully so terrified that I'll be thinking of it all the time!
I liked Snowy's idea of brain training to stop at 5 litres double check and then proceed. I haven't done it but nearly have. 5 litres in a full tank would do no harm.

When you jump out of your Cali to get fuel, just think big vehicle not car. . Big vehicles only run on diesel these days (apart from the odd hybrid type thing)

Has anyone tried the device in the club shop? Our Land Rover and mini has a misfuelling device built in as standard.

Has anyone tried the device in the club shop? Our Land Rover and mini has a misfuelling device built in as standard.
Yes. Works on the T5 but someone has posted that it didn't fit the T6.

Back