Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Great RidgeMonkey service

Kenb17

Kenb17

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Good afternoon,

New to my RidgeMonkey the top slipped from my hand while opening during cooking and the handle broke when hit the table. Others beware the clip on handles do seem easily broken at the spring connection point.

Contacted RidgeMonkey who asked for proof of purchase (everything California) and then sent through a pair of handles under warranty.

Very impressed with all the dealings with RM.

Cheers
Ken

Good afternoon,

New to my RidgeMonkey the top slipped from my hand while opening during cooking and the handle broke when hit the table. Others beware the clip on handles do seem easily broken at the spring connection point.

Contacted RidgeMonkey who asked for proof of purchase (everything California) and then sent through a pair of handles under warranty.

Cheers
Ken

I wasn't overly impressed with ours. I thought I'd been unlucky.

One use! I clicked the handle on to the connector and the plastic pin broke.

20190601_142447.jpg

If they break this easily surely they need to look at the design of the handles?

I have been sent a replacement set too but that is a poor design if you've had a failure as well.

I had great service too, they sent a pair over to germany for foc all
after someone joined us from another pitch on the site wanting to know
what's cooking, she opened the lid and let it hit the deck snapping the handle
off.
After all the - sorry and its okay don't worry about it- i was right royally p1ssed off
but ridge monkey came up trumps.

Are these the newer RM with detachable handles, or the older “fixed wing” version?

I have the XL too bought it about 3 months ago and the buttons are quite a bit bigger and seem robust so far

Good to know you can rely on a company when things go wrong. I had a great experience with Cadac and because of that I would continue to recommend them. Good one Ridgemonkey.

Mine was the new combo, bought early May from the shop with the detachable handles. I think the point about the handles being a point of weakness is a good one and hopefully the cost of handle replacements will get through.

Meanwhile I will take more care and glad the RM is back in action.

Btw, like the idea of the cadac but trying to reduce stuff on board at the moment!

Cheers,
Ken

I bought the Ridgemonkey Connect Compact on Amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F496HWG/?tag=eliteelect-21

I'm not sure I'd buy the same one again.

They're pretty cheap. I guess the quality matches the price.
Ours is the older type with fixed handles, a bit of a nuisance to store. The one with detachable handles came out just after we bought ours :headbang I was thinking of upgrading to the new type, but maybe we’re better off with the older one if the handles are a bit fragile on the new one.

Perhaps give it a while until the design improves.

I can't imagine they're happy sending out replacement handles. I don't know what they cost to manufacture but I reckon a set of handles including postage probably wipes out any profit they'd make.

I’ve had one xl for more than two years now bought another so I had two large pans instead of the small sections and clip them together, this with the twin burner set are one of the best bits of kit we have in the Cali and never had a single issue with it,used it every trip

Good afternoon,

Cheers
Ken
One of ours broke the first time we used it. Brilliant customer service from Ridge Monkey who replaced it within 48 hours of contacting them, even though we didn't have a receipt (gift).

One of ours broke the first time we used it. Brilliant customer service from Ridge Monkey who replaced it within 48 hours of contacting them, even though we didn't have a receipt (gift).
Interesting, how did you contact them?

Mine has the hinge melted over an open fire, would like to see if that is expected or not. Pretty disappointed to be honest, I have used an awful lot of Ali cookware over the years and never managed to melt one.

Thanks

Interesting, how did you contact them?

Mine has the hinge melted over an open fire, would like to see if that is expected or not. Pretty disappointed to be honest, I have used an awful lot of Ali cookware over the years and never managed to melt one.

Thanks
Hi Steve
We simply used the enquiry form on the RM website to report the problem including our contact details. They replied within 24 hours and the handles arrived the next day.

Another shout out for great customer service from these guys.

At the weekend I noticed that one of the handles on one of our Compact XL toasters wouldn't lock in properly - On closer inspection inside the handle, I could see that one of the circular discs had a piece missing. Looked like it had broken away.
Took some pictures and emailed the customer service team. They replied back asking to see a proof on purchased which confirmed they were over a year old, so I assume they would push back and refuse as out of guarantee.

Not at all - Emailed straight back asking for me to confirm a delivery address and a courier has just delivered me 2 shiney new ones - So now I even have a spare.

Cracking service. 2 Days from raising the issue to resolution - Well done RM - And thank you.

Another shout out for great customer service from these guys.

At the weekend I noticed that one of the handles on one of our Compact XL toasters wouldn't lock in properly - On closer inspection inside the handle, I could see that one of the circular discs had a piece missing. Looked like it had broken away.
Took some pictures and emailed the customer service team. They replied back asking to see a proof on purchased which confirmed they were over a year old, so I assume they would push back and refuse as out of guarantee.

Not at all - Emailed straight back asking for me to confirm a delivery address and a courier has just delivered me 2 shiney new ones - So now I even have a spare.

Cracking service. 2 Days from raising the issue to resolution - Well done RM - And thank you.
That's better service than I got after buying a £70k California!

I had the same issue and Ridge Monkey replaced the handles ...great service from them but very poor quality item ...

Sorry to drag up an old thread. My experience is quite the opposite.

I’ve had one handle go on each of our 2 ridgemonkey saucepans. Contacted them at the end of season last year (novemberish) and was told they didn’t have any but they were coming in on the next delivery. They still don’t have them 5 months on.

I had the same experience with ridge monkey. But I was in camper van bits later and they gave me a spare handle. Don’t think I even bought the ridge monkey from them. Very kind

Back