Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings from a Dorset newbie!

Whitehouse_03

Whitehouse_03

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hey! We picked up our first ever Cali at the weekend and we are giddy with excitement! I’m so in love already. We have two children under 4 and can’t wait to start making family memories. We’d like to take it for a local camp this weekend - any recommendations in Dorset? Any newbie tips and advice is welcome too. Thank you

We have two children under 4 and can’t wait to start making family memories. We’d like to take it for a local camp this weekend - any recommendations in Dorset?

:welcome

We have twin four year old boys and we stayed at www.woodyhyde.co.uk the other week. It was a great site next to the steam and diesel train line, the kids loved it.

Follow our Blog: www.Cali-on-Camping.co.uk

Welcome! Also in Dorset!

Highlands End always seems to get good reviews... Also the site of the Dorset club meet...

Welcome! Also in Dorset!

Highlands End always seems to get good reviews... Also the site of the Dorset club meet...
That’s great, thank you. Dorset life is great isn’t it

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Brilliant! Thank you. Any tips on the Cali and 2 young children would be very welcome!! I’m slightly nervous
Charmouth is great, three decent camp sites, swimming pools at two, the twins are probably a bit young but ours loved fossiling, hammering away whilst protected by full sized goggles, and even if unsuccessful the shop sold decent ammonites for pennies. Bus round to Lyme Regis every half hour, lovely place for everyone.

Charmouth is great, three decent camp sites, swimming pools at two, the twins are probably a bit young but ours loved fossiling, hammering away whilst protected by full sized goggles, and even if unsuccessful the shop sold decent ammonites for pennies. Bus round to Lyme Regis every half hour, lovely place for everyone.
Sounds great. Thank you.

I always find instruction manuals a little dull to read and found these much easier to take in the information.
There are a number of videos by California Chris on a whole range of California subjects, from turning the seats round, to the control panel and so on. Unlike a person he doesn't mind how often you rewind and watch it again. Here's one on the awning to start you off. The rest should all follow on from it. Have fun with the family memories.
Simon

I always find instruction manuals a little dull to read and found these much easier to take in the information.
There are a number of videos by California Chris on a whole range of California subjects, from turning the seats round, to the control panel and so on. Unlike a person he doesn't mind how often you rewind and watch it again. Here's one on the awning to start you off. The rest should all follow on from it. Have fun with the family memories.
Simon

Thanks Simon :)

HI! I'm in Dorset too!

When I first had the Cali I found the manual far too daunting to plough through so I made notes of the essential bits in a notebook I carry all the time - the same one I used to prop in front of the instruments with a note in red marker pen saying 'EHU! " or "TURN OFF! " (to remind me to turn off ignition after raising/lowering roof). :happy

HI! I'm in Dorset too!

When I first had the Cali I found the manual far too daunting to plough through so I made notes of the essential bits in a notebook I carry all the time - the same one I used to prop in front of the instruments with a note in red marker pen saying 'EHU! " or "TURN OFF! " (to remind me to turn off ignition after raising/lowering roof). :happy
We are Dorset too....we had a Kamper 28 years ago and our children still talk about the “night night” car! Now in their 30’s they are just as excited to come camping again with us and the Cali!

Welcome! Posting from a very sunny Devon with out cali. we are a family of five, my youngest son is 11 and he loves setting up our van. Our tips :
From reading here and our own experience, pay attention to the canopy. we Use the instructions from california club forum and california chris. They are very good. Don't leave it out in heavy rain,,adjust one leg to be lower than the other so that it flows off for light rain only. Use tie down as advised on here although we always put ours away if there is the slightest risk of wind.
Move the sink bowl out of the sink when using the gas cooker.
Roof - as advised earlier - take care.
I am sure there are lots of other things, but these are my top three.
We are currently in devon with a small three man tent - all going well.
Good luck.