Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

greetings from Belgium

BrugseB

BrugseB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi all out there,

became member in May, but did not introduce myself, so, for what it's worth: 2 years ago we bought an early 1992 T4 California 2.4D, without seeing the car actually (interesting but long story); the car was in Nijmegen (Netherlands) and the owner had to swap it for another campervan, but would lose any discount from the garage. So he wanted to get rid of it - we on the other were looking for several months, and learned after a call that the van had indeed 365K km, but just had the engine replaced. As I was very busy at work, I put a bid on the ad, just to confirm my interest. To my surprise, he accepted it (some 2K less than asking price !), on the condition that I would come and buy the van the next Saturday. Luckily, it turned out well...
In the meantime have done several trips - Cote d'Azur, Cotswolds, North of France and Normandy, Utrecht region and Zeeland in the Netherlands, etc... it never let us down (yet sometimes in 2nd gear :D).
Must admit that I follow heavily the Dutch forum www.weetjewel.nl but learned on occasion that there is a collegue driving around just nearby in Bruges (Calibusje), and have been following Bettybus for a while.
Hope to hear from you guys!
greetz
Bart

Welcome ....from a fellow Belgian...

Hello Bart and a very warm welcome to you,

Nijmegen is a favourite destination of mine :)

Hi Bart, welcome to the forum :thumb

Welcome Bart, and happy Chrsitmas!

Happy Christmas?

Obviously not tried to get past Sainsbury's today :(

Obviously not tried to get past Sainsbury's today :(
Hmm ... we would have gone past Sainsbury's normally today, but as it is situated on the Cheshire Oaks outlet park it is absolute bedlam! So we went a different way but a lot of other people had the same idea.

Never mind, about 2pm tomorrow (Christmas Eve) it will all be quiet :)

Hmm ... we would have gone past Sainsbury's normally today, but as it is situated on the Cheshire Oaks outlet park it is absolute bedlam! So we went a different way but a lot of other people had the same idea.

Never mind, about 2pm tomorrow (Christmas Eve) it will all be quiet :)

My Sister, who has never heard of online shopping, asked me to pop into Sainsbury's on my way to the gym to pick up some fairy lights yesterday.

Going was no go as the car park queue was horrendous. Coming back, just the same, road choked with lemmings convinced the world was coming to the end and they had to buy for the next six months survival.

Got home, popped on Amazon, delivered 10am today.

Nice van Bart, love the colour. Merry Christmas eve!

Hi Bart,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for following the blog :)

Have a great Christmas,
dan, Rosana & BettyBus

Hi Bettybussers, waiting for the ending of story - got a vague idea it might not be too far out of my place?

For the rest of you lot: merry Christmas and perhaps see you on the road - the South of England is our favourite destination, even after more than 20 visits... shopping for Christmas on the other hand - not my cup of tea :headbang