Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings from Belgium

supergrooverVW

supergrooverVW

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everybody,

About 9 months ago I got my father’s cali which he bought new in 2013. So it’s all fairly new to me and we are gradually discovering everything and planning more and more trips, that is: me, my wife and two kids ages 5 and 7.
It’s a T5 California. We use it as our daily vehicul and we also have done some trips with it and already ran into some questions and problems, especially regarding the fresh water pump and finding a suitable canopy. So I will first go do some digging around on this forum and maybe post some questions soon. I assume the members on this forum are mainly based in the U.K., but I hope to find some helpful EU mainland tips as well.

Have a nice day!

Hi and welcome! You'll find a lot of tips and tricks on this forum, too much to handle maybe :)
Enne, er zijn ook heel wat Belgen hier aanwezig (en een beperkt deelforum in het Nederlands).
Enjoy the cali!

How about a Brit residing in Europe? Welcome aboard

Hi and welcome! You'll find a lot of tips and tricks on this forum, too much to handle maybe :)
Enne, er zijn ook heel wat Belgen hier aanwezig (en een beperkt deelforum in het Nederlands).
Enjoy the cali!
Great! Just hope I’ll do more enjoying the cali than digging the forum
Blij te horen dat er hier wat Belgen en Nederlanders vertoeven, had ik wel gedacht!

We're in NL in a 2011 T5 with 5- and 7-year olds as well. So, feel free to ask away.

welkom! Feel free to ask questions about travelling in the cali with kids. We have some experience :)
Groeten uit Gent

We really should consider a meet up over here :bananadance2
A couple of us were planning to meet at the VW Bus Festival that was supposed to happen in the summer but has now been postponed to 2023

A couple of us were planning to meet at the VW Bus Festival that was supposed to happen in the summer but has now been postponed to 2023
Postponed? Is that confirmed? I thought there where already tickets sold for groups?
@supergroover: sorry for hijacking...

Last edited:
Postponed? Is that confirmed? I tought there where already tickets sold for groups?
@supergroover: sorry for hijacking...
Yes confirmed in the link.

Displacement of the VW Bus festival to 2023

We are sorry to inform you that the VW Bus Festival has to be postponed to 2022. Today, no one knows how the Situation in July, will look like. We would, however, not celebrate, if there is war in Europe and refugees, people in Hanover and supplies arrive need to be.
However, we have now good news: The VW Bus Festival will take place from 23. until 25. June 2023 to be held, and with the ticket sales, we are launching this year.

Hi everybody,

About 9 months ago I got my father’s cali which he bought new in 2013. So it’s all fairly new to me and we are gradually discovering everything and planning more and more trips, that is: me, my wife and two kids ages 5 and 7.
It’s a T5 California. We use it as our daily vehicul and we also have done some trips with it and already ran into some questions and problems, especially regarding the fresh water pump and finding a suitable canopy. So I will first go do some digging around on this forum and maybe post some questions soon. I assume the members on this forum are mainly based in the U.K., but I hope to find some helpful EU mainland tips as well.

Have a nice day!
Welcome :)

Hi - welcome! We were in Ghent at the weekend. Such a lovely relaxing city.

Hi. What campsite did you stay on? Tia
Hi - We didn't! Son was rowing at Ghent Spring regatta and we were going to stay at the campsite there but it wasnt open at that time. We stayed at the Ghent Marriott...