Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Greetings!

Anthony77

Anthony77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello!

I'd been toying with the idea of getting a modified Transporter for a long time, but never really looked into it in great depth until my children got a bit older. Anyway, the time is nearing, and yesterday I started doing online searches. Much to my shame I never realised that a VW California Beach even existed, and what an amazing community it has spawned. I just assumed everyone had modified Transporters or Caravelles of some description (though I appreciate that technically the Beach is a Transporter).

I'm now incredibly excited about buying a seven-seater Beach, which seems ideal for my needs. We are a family of six, and I have four children aged, 8, 6, 4 & 4 (twins, bit of a nightmare). Due to our numbers, a full on camper isn't really an option, but the Beach seems perfect for trips and general day use. Obviously if we camp I'll be the muggins sleeping in the awning.

Can't wait to exchange my Seat Al Hambra for such a versatile camper/MPV. I'm already thinking about all the storage solutions and am keen to hear from, get advice from others, who regularly travel with six in the car. For example, is it possible to get anywhere with six bikes? I'm thinking two foldaway Bromptons (or similar) for the grown ups in the back and kids bikes on the rack.

Also, quick query re finance. I had a brief chat with someone at Eurovans Crawley (anyone had experience of them?), and they said you can get up to ten years finance, which seems pretty good. Not sure what the details are, but I guess it depends on what I can get in exchange for a 2015 Al Hambra.

Really hoping I can get my hands on one of these in early 2018, preferably an ex-demo!

All the best
Anthony

Welcome to the large family ;)

Also, quick query re finance. I had a brief chat with someone at Eurovans Crawley (anyone had experience of them?), and they said you can get up to ten years finance, which seems pretty good. Not sure what the details are, but I guess it depends on what I can get in exchange for a 2015 Al Hambra.

Well I just ordered a new Ocean through Eurovans Crawley and while the reviews seem good from what I've read, I can't say for certain as of yet. I worked with Mike and I will say he followed up and was able to beat a competitors price by a very good margin. Not sure about the finance we just did the 3 year PCP but he did offer up some other options, I just didn't read them. Good luck on your purchase. The waiting ARGHHHH ;)

Hello!

I'd been toying with the idea of getting a modified Transporter for a long time, but never really looked into it in great depth until my children got a bit older. Anyway, the time is nearing, and yesterday I started doing online searches. Much to my shame I never realised that a VW California Beach even existed, and what an amazing community it has spawned. I just assumed everyone had modified Transporters or Caravelles of some description (though I appreciate that technically the Beach is a Transporter).

I'm now incredibly excited about buying a seven-seater Beach, which seems ideal for my needs. We are a family of six, and I have four children aged, 8, 6, 4 & 4 (twins, bit of a nightmare). Due to our numbers, a full on camper isn't really an option, but the Beach seems perfect for trips and general day use. Obviously if we camp I'll be the muggins sleeping in the awning.

Can't wait to exchange my Seat Al Hambra for such a versatile camper/MPV. I'm already thinking about all the storage solutions and am keen to hear from, get advice from others, who regularly travel with six in the car. For example, is it possible to get anywhere with six bikes? I'm thinking two foldaway Bromptons (or similar) for the grown ups in the back and kids bikes on the rack.

Really hoping I can get my hands on one of these in early 2018, preferably an ex-demo!

All the best
Anthony
If you're buying new make sure you spec it with a factory fit tow bar. Sounds like you'll need it.

Hi Anthony & Welcome.

I've been dealing with Mike at Eurovans Crawley too - they've been really good for me, good discount and we have had regular calls about the progress since ordering - mine has arrived in the UK just 12 weeks from order date, which was a lot faster than even Mike expected.

Collection in 2 weeks...

Welcome Anthony & family.
We bought our Grace Cali from Mike Eurovans Crawley. He didn't do the final handover ,he was on holiday.
The whole process of ordering was done over the phone/emails.
Make sure to ask for the extended warranty & service plans when taking out finance/PCP. The extended warranty must be done in the first 3mths following registration of the Cali.
Our handover took 4hrs,we downloaded the check from the forum. Will need to be a VIP member. They changed the bonnet because we found a dink.
Have fun searching. The children will love it.

Last edited:
If you're buying new make sure you spec it with a factory fit tow bar. Sounds like you'll need it.

Thanks. I think that's one of many additionals I'll be getting! Was looking at bike racks and it seems like the tow bar ones are the most flexible option.

Welcome Anthony & family.
We bought our Grace Cali from Mike Eurovans Crawley. He didn't do the final handover ,he was on holiday.
The whole process of ordering was done over the phone/emails.
Make sure to ask for the extended warranty & service plans when taking out finance/PCP. The extended warranty must be done in the first 3mths following registration of the Cali.
Our handover took 4hrs,we downloaded the check from the forum. Will need to a VIP member. They changed the bonnet because we found a dink.
Have fun searching. The children will love it.

Very helpful, thanks! May well sign up for the VIP membership.

I can also say good things about Mike at Eurovans although with me he must have thought all his Christmas's had come at once. "Nice demo"...."Yes, only arrived today"...."Excellent. I'll have it, three months not long to wait, shall we discuss price and deposit now?"

I can also say good things about Mike at Eurovans although with me he must have thought all his Christmas's had come at once. "Nice demo"...."Yes, only arrived today"...."Excellent. I'll have it, three months not long to wait, shall we discuss price and deposit now?"

Ha! I suspect we might be along similar lines!