Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Habitation check - cost

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

I've just booked our cali in at ES Hartleys, Ings. They say it will take around an hour and cost £95. This is for just the gas and electricity check. Is it just me or is this a bit crazily expensive? I think even our vet would blush ... but then maybe not

I am sure that is more experience that I have seen on here before.

Hi There, Had the gas checked on our van a few weeks ago. Found a mobile Caravan / Motorhome fitter who was local. He quoted £45 but only charged me £20 after he did it as its such a simple system. Gas pressure test followed by a check of the hobs burning with a gas combustion check meter.

That's good where are you based?

Hi all

I've just booked our cali in at ES Hartleys, Ings. They say it will take around an hour and cost £95. This is for just the gas and electricity check. Is it just me or is this a bit crazily expensive? I think even our vet would blush ... but then maybe not
Have you tried Bardsea at Ulverston? The motorhome service man has charged us very reasonable prices in the past, as well as being really helpful.

Hi Kev, i'm In north Warwickshire near junction 4 of M6. The guy i used was Gary of CMSCARAVANS

Back