Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hanging kitchen shelf kit

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all - just a heads up (pardon the pun) to watch your head with the shelf in place above the kitchen unit. Forgetting it's there whilst cooking, I've managed to bang my head on it a couple of times, the last time actually causing a cut on my forehead. The edge of the shelf is sharp. It may be that I'm particularly clumsy but I thought I should share my experience. I have since applied gaffer tape along the edge as a temporary (I hear my wife laughing) solution.

Kev - maybe worth feeding back to the supplier?

Otherwise the shelf is certainly useful!

Cheers

Ian

Sorry to hear that Ian we have stopped selling these now.

can I ask why they were discontinued? It seems like a very useful addition
thanks

The reason we discontinued the shelf was
The fact we imported them from germany
At very near to the retail price and they where getting damaged by our UK couriers
We had to keep claiming so that's the reason sorry

I bought one of these (a second so it was cheaper, maybe one of Kevs damaged ones, and I am a cheapskate.) and had the same experience with banging my head on the edge. I went to halfords and got a roll of the clear plastic edging for car doors. It fits on there quite well and being clear is not to obvious. It was harder to fit on the corners but seems to have worked. It has only been on a few days so I cannot give a longterm view

IanE said:
Thanks for the tip David
No problem Ian, the stuff is Halfords Clear Body Guard, comes in 2x 3m lengths enough to do about a dozen shelves!

David

Calikev said:
The reason we discontinued the shelf was
The fact we imported them from germany
At very near to the retail price and they where getting damaged by our UK couriers
We had to keep claiming so that's the reason sorry
But ereyone could still order them directly in the German manufacturer's webshop. They deliver throughout Europe. We bought ours there directly. We ordered several things there, and shipping costs were only € 17.