Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hanging wire from waste pipe?

T

Traveller1977

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have a faulty LCD screen and the waste water and water tank sensor stopped working quite a few months ago. When the Cali went to VW for another issue, we asked them about it and they said "It sometimes happens but to fix it would be a really expensive wiring job". Since then, the LCD screen has been flashing and the time has gone all crazy changing all the time.
Just the other day I noticed a wire hanging down from the waste pipe (as attached). Does anyone know where this attaches as I cannot see where it goes; has anyone else had a similar problem and anyone know why VW didn't spot this when they had the Cali in as this seems to be the problem perhaps of the water sensor? Any help appreciated. Thanks,

IMG_1962.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

Addition: I've just checked the Diagnostics, the control panel now has stopped flashing (Still have the Temperature sensor flashing!!!) and the following fault codes came up, 6000 and 6001. Looks like they are the below. Looks like this may relate to the hanging wire, but any ideas how to fix the wire, where it goes or what to do would be appreciated.

6000 6000 Short-circuit to ground temperature sensor or for outdoor temperature
6001 6001 Fuse / short circuit to plus two temperature sensors for outside temperature

You should have an external temperature sensor attached to the end of that cable. Hence the flashing temp display on the control panel.
It is normally located above the plastic splash guard. Mine was loose and I couldn't find a bracket for it, so I cable-tied it high up to the waste pipe.
However, I don't think the code for a short circuit is right. It would seem to me to be open circuit given the sensor is missing!

Your VW Leisure Vehicle dealer will be able to supply and fit a new one for you.

Alan

It almost looks as if someone has cut the plug and Temperature sensor off.

If the bare wires were touching ? could give a short circuit error?