Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happy Things/Thoughts/Videos/Jokes

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Ha, anyone can do that on a straight triple-lane road for a few minutes.

Stirling Moss won the 1955 Mille Miglia (public roads, longer total distance than LE-JOG) in 10 hours 7:48, at an average of nearly 160 kph. Given that he had to slow down (a bit!) through villages, he was doing up to 270kph on the open roads. An early attempt at pace notes, compiled by his insanely brave co-driver 'Jenks' Jenkinson, employed just a handful of bend descriptors ("saucy", "dodgy" and "very dangerous") that had to be communicated by hand signals - no intercoms in those days.
I'd struggle to find the nerve.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Suggested stopping distance even with the air brake on the back is 491meters from that speed & 9.3 seconds braking time. I wouldn't want to be stationary in a queue of traffic when that comes over the top of the hill behind me.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Suggested stopping distance even with the air brake on the back is 491meters from that speed & 9.3 seconds braking time. I wouldn't want to be stationary in a queue of traffic when that comes over the top of the hill behind me.
And at £2.7 million price tag at launch, just imagine the repair bill for even a slight prang.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Exactly VW know how to charge for repairs !
Don't the tyres need changing every 2 years irrespective of mileage at £30k a set or 15minutes if being driven flat out, as they are glued to the rims, the rims need changing every other tyre change at an additional £50K.
Fuel tank which is rubber only lasts 4 years as well thats only £40k.

Makes the VW 4 services for £299 that I paid look like good value.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
01f1f86bc8b5fc934d8a0fa4192d1c83.jpg

VW California Club