Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Happy Things/Thoughts/Videos/Jokes

Probably the most consistently abused person in the country: racially, misogynistically and politically.

The persistence of the abuse over decades must be psychologically and emotionally draining.

Why can’t people argue against her ideas and ideals without resorting to cheap personal abuse?

Probably the most consistently abused person in the country: racially, misogynistically and politically.

The persistence of the abuse over decades must be psychologically and emotionally draining.

Why can’t people argue against her ideas and ideals without resorting to cheap personal abuse?

I refer you to Posts 1251,1252 and 1272.
At least they can put identical shoes on and have some ideas, even if you don't agree with them.

As they say " If you don't like the heat in the kitchen, keep out of the kitchen ".

At least they can put identical shoes on and have some ideas, even if you don't agree with them.

As they say " If you don't like the heat in the kitchen, keep out of the kitchen ".
I think many will agree with your thoughts of heat and kitchen, but this is a little different. All the posts you referred to are contemporary stories with terrible, terrible people.

The meme you posted is dateless and of a politician who has trailblazed her way through Cambridge university and into Parliament. Her constituents keep returning her to parliament cause she gets great things done.

Fine to take the Mick when she goes on telly and messes up. However, Repeated use of derogatory memes long after the fact speak to those prejudices @Amarillo spoke of.

I actually think she's brought it upon herself, she's had too many car crash interviews, her outspoken views on some things would suggest that actually she is racist & has questionable views on some other matters.

In 1996, Abbott was criticised after she claimed that at her local hospital "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" were unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before"

On 4 January 2012, Abbott tweeted that: "White people love playing 'divide and rule'. We should not play their game"

Also spoken in support of Chairman Mao

And also of the IRA

Abbott criticised the Unionist population of Northern Ireland as an "enclave of white supremacist ideology comparable to white settlers in Zimbabwe"

"Ireland is our struggle—every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed."

Ms Abbott’s mistake comes from a car crash interview with Nick Ferrarri on police funding. As shadow Home Secretary she got her numbers horribly mixed up but no harm was done. This was over five years ago.

Liz Truss has cost the tax payer billions. Sacked and reinstated Suella Braverman has blighted the lives of hundreds if not thousands of desperate and brave people. Both are current news events. The lettuce comparison was started by an article in The Economist just a month ago on 11 October:
“Take away the ten days of mourning after the death of Queen Elizabeth II, and she had seven days in control. That is roughly the shelf-life of a lettuce.”
The reference was taken up by the Daily Star.

There is a difference between directing humour at a current political event and persistent persecution. At some point the latter becomes unfunny.

Ms Abbott’s mistake comes from a car crash interview with Nick Ferrarri on police funding. As shadow Home Secretary she got her numbers horribly mixed up but no harm was done. This was over five years ago.
It wasn't A interview - it was virtually every interview.

Funny how they all come out of the woodwork when a certain Political Party or MP of that party is made fun of.
Very predictable.

What an odd thing to say. Do you think she might have been planted there by Labour’s political opponents?
I didn’t realise you were into Conspiracy Theory. Explains a lot. Best of luck.

I actually think she's brought it upon herself, she's had too many car crash interviews, her outspoken views on some things would suggest that actually she is racist & has questionable views on some other matters.

In 1996, Abbott was criticised after she claimed that at her local hospital "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" were unsuitable as nurses because they had "never met a black person before"

On 4 January 2012, Abbott tweeted that: "White people love playing 'divide and rule'. We should not play their game"

Also spoken in support of Chairman Mao

And also of the IRA

Abbott criticised the Unionist population of Northern Ireland as an "enclave of white supremacist ideology comparable to white settlers in Zimbabwe"

"Ireland is our struggle—every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed."

From the same source:

=====QUOTE=====

An Amnesty International report found that Abbott was the subject of almost half of all abusive tweets about female MPs on Twitter during the 2017 election campaign, receiving ten times more abuse than any other MP.

6cd70eb831e8ecd8ba48ebfc9f88a830.jpg

Hang on - I'm getting really confused now. Politics has become sooo complicated. Is Putin a Tory supporter or a Labour supporter? Otherwise people won't know whether to laugh or not... or get offended.

Predictably punchy in here today. Good stuff :cheers

Back