Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hardwiring my Nextbase Dash Cam

California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
In preparation for my Cali arriving I want to find out the following information so I can put the hardwire kit in for my dash cam - I plan to run it down the side pillar

• Where is the fusebox located
  • Which is the best fuse to piggy back from

I have seen some post on here but not sure if things have change or if anyone has found a better way of doing it

In preparation for my Cali arriving I want to find out the following information so I can put the hardwire kit in for my dash cam - I plan to run it down the side pillar

• Where is the fusebox located
  • Which is the best fuse to piggy back from

I have seen some post on here but not sure if things have change or if anyone has found a better way of doing it
Bottom right of the steering wheel. Side pillar is perfect and where I ran mine. Then just take the side cap off and you can feed the wire straight into the fuse area.

Any fuse you like that is a permanent 12V. You need one permanent and one switched, depending on camera. A multimeter is your friend but wait 30 minutes after taking keys out for a switched one as some stay live for that duration.

A right the fuse box is on the right had side behind a panel - which fuse did you use ?

do you know by chance what number that is

watch Kevin on tour YouTube dashcam install. Very helpful. you can tuck the cable under the headliner with a trim tool and down the pillow. i just took off the panel on the side of the dashboard so i could feed the cable into where the fuse box is. I used a probe to find a ignition off live and a ignition on live and piggybacked off those. I installed the next base mirror dash cam with reverse sold in Costco worth ever penny.

Back