Which Fuse to use for Dash Cam install in Cali 6.1

• Thread starter California_Clarky
  • Start date
California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I have just picked up my California and want to hardwire a Nextbase Dashcam can anyone who has installed one please advise which fuse they piggy backed off of, I have found picture of installs in a 6 but not a 6.1 as the fusebox seems to be a bit different

TIA

I have just picked up my California and want to hardwire a Nextbase Dashcam can anyone who has installed one please advise which fuse they piggy backed off of, I have found picture of installs in a 6 but not a 6.1 as the fusebox seems to be a bit different

TIA
Does your dashcam have a parking mode feed as well as a driving mode feed? I’m sure there is a thread on here somewhere to advise as I searched the forum before I installed a dashcam. I’ll see if I can find a photo I took of my fuseways or if I screenshotted the advice.

This is only powered with ignition on and is the fuse I used for my dashcam.
Fuse 43.
Fuse.JPG

Found my pics of the fuse box before and after install. Without checking, I couldn’t tell you what fuse numbers they were, but hopefully it may help to guide you. One is permanent live (parking mode) and one is ignition live (drive mode). The fuse box is the one to the lower right of steering wheel (RHD).

IMG_6722.jpeg

IMG_6721.jpeg

Back