Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello all, looking to buy a Beach 7-seat...

dripster

dripster

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Afternoon everyone!

Just joined. Looking to get a Beach with 7 seats, although not seen that many for sale.

Context is we've been a tent family (2 + 2 kids) for the last 5 or 6 years but have lost the enthusiasm for the set up and pack up, and the pretty unpredictable weather means we just haven't used the tent as much (even ignoring the pandemic). Some friends of ours have a caravan but I can't be bothered with the stress of towing. Have always admired the VW campers on the campsite, and considered the Beach when we got our current car, but chickened out.

Mrs P is a child minder, so we need 7 seats. We currently have aTiguan Allspace but hope to swap that for a Beach over the next few months.

Will probably look at some kind of pod to put in, but looking at the prices, may just use our existing stove etc!

As there seem to be few 7 seaters but a reasonable amount with the 3-seat bench, what would we need to do re adding the extra seats (besides blagging some on ebay)? Presumably we'd need to update the reg doc to 7 seats (plus insurance), is that as easy as it seems? Do we need to get it checked or anything?

Cheers.

Ian

Afternoon everyone!

Just joined. Looking to get a Beach with 7 seats, although not seen that many for sale.

Context is we've been a tent family (2 + 2 kids) for the last 5 or 6 years but have lost the enthusiasm for the set up and pack up, and the pretty unpredictable weather means we just haven't used the tent as much (even ignoring the pandemic). Some friends of ours have a caravan but I can't be bothered with the stress of towing. Have always admired the VW campers on the campsite, and considered the Beach when we got our current car, but chickened out.

Mrs P is a child minder, so we need 7 seats. We currently have aTiguan Allspace but hope to swap that for a Beach over the next few months.

Will probably look at some kind of pod to put in, but looking at the prices, may just use our existing stove etc!

As there seem to be few 7 seaters but a reasonable amount with the 3-seat bench, what would we need to do re adding the extra seats (besides blagging some on ebay)? Presumably we'd need to update the reg doc to 7 seats (plus insurance), is that as easy as it seems? Do we need to get it checked or anything?

Cheers.

Ian
The Beach can have upto 7 seats, as you know. The V5c will show the seating capacity and may already show 7 seats, in fact anything from 5 to 7, already. So all you have to do is purchase the vehicle, purchase any additional seats and then return the V5c to DVLA with the appropriate section amended as required. I, personally would also send a photo with the additional seats in place. There should be no problem.
Insurance wise there might be a small increase over a 5 seater version. The bigger problem you might have, if using the vehicle with regards your wife’s child minding “ business” I presume is the appropriate insurance.

Thanks for the reply. Insurance re business is not a problem AFAIK, we have the Allspace covered for that already.

Reassuring how simple that sounds!

Cheers.

Beaches for sale are a rarity. Seven seat versions are like hen's teeth. So keep looking but don't rule out the five seater with the rear bench. The rear swivel captains seats come up for sale quite often frequently unused.

Hello.

We bought our first Beach with the 2 additional rear swivel seats from new as a 7 seater.

When we sold it to WBAC, we kept the 2 seats with the intention of selling them privately. A few months later, we then ended up buying another new Beach, an Edition, that was only available with the 3 seat rear bench. However, the registration document did already state 7 seats so I just drop my old 2 swivel seats in when required.

C8571F51-820E-4368-AB9C-7A9E523F75D8.jpeg