Hello all, recently purchased my 2012 California SE T5.1 140. It’s a thing of beauty, let’s see where it takes us.

I took the plunge almost 15 years ago with one of the first T5.1 California's they made.
I have VIN number 211917. And if you know that the facelift started at number 200000, and most were panel vans or Caravelles.
The "funny" thing about the first model year of the facelift, MY 2010 (made from september? 2009 to half way 2010) is that it comes with the facelift front, but the rear bumper with the ugly parking sensors from the T5, the RCD310 standard radio with blue backlight, but the white/red instrument cluster, and the standard plastic steering wheel and gear lever knob.
But apart from that, I have not regretted it one day that I bought it (brand new).
No, it hasn't been flawless, like most VW's, but in the grand scheme of things, I coudn't have wished for anything else.
I hope you will enjoy the van as much as you should do.

I bought mine in april (stock car), but only got the papers halfway in may. The van was registered on the 18th of may, and the 21'st I took off on holidays, to return 2 weeks later with over 3000km on the clock. How bout that for a maiden trip?

That's an impressive maiden trip! I won't be that ambitious initially but once I've got to know my new toy then the planning starts!

Best wishes

Imho the t5 is the best looking cali. Definately the front end .

Congrats DJVan, would love to see a pic.
Enjoy your travels.