Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from a Newbie, hope to buy soon.

Welcome! I learned so much from reading this forum, and you’ll find people very helpful if you have any questions (most have been answered previously, so you can often find an answer by searching).

We bought a conversion first time and I wish we’d got a Cali straight off. Happy trails...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Goss, and welcome. I can honestly say that if it were not for this forum being here, I am pretty sure we would not be getting a cali at all. It would have been a little fantasy that we might have enjoyed for a week or two, perhaps following up with a weekend hire and then deciding maybe it would be just a bit too big of a step or spend/gamble. The information, tips, experiences, and advice from all on here is just so so valuable. There is so much to find out and it is all a bit daunting, never having had a camper of any kind before. The forum is a wonderful support and any questions or worries are soon put to bed with a quick question or search on here. Never been big user of forums before either, but this one is special.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome, deposit paid for a ‘12 T5 California SE Berghaus 180 Bi-turbo can’t wait!

Awesome Goss. Welcome on board. We bunch do love pictures so don't forget to post a few of your pride and joy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lovely looking Berghaus.

It’s not currently at Cowfold is it? If so I saw it there this morning!

Yes, it was booked in for the compression test and replacement EGR, hope to collect next week. Small world!

Small world indeed! I was getting mine lowered there when i spotted yours, she’s a beaut!

Small world indeed! I was getting mine lowered there when i spotted yours, she’s a beaut!
They do all of the engine work for the dealer I purchased it from so will probably keep using them. Is the lowering just for looks or another reason?

Makes sense, it was the first time I’ve been there but they seemed like a decent outfit so I’m going to keep using them as well.

We had it lowered as we found the ride a bit wallowy, and it kept making my two year old son sick so we thought we’d try lowering it. I haven’t tested it with my son but the drive back today felt brilliant, much more planted on the road so hopefully it does the trick!

Interested to know how you get on with it, I’ve only taken it out for a test drive so less than 5 miles but did notice it was a soft ride compared to our 4 year old transit but that’s too hard a ride.