Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Dorset

T

Timbo

Hi

We have just put a deposit down on a 6 month old California SE Biti 180PS in Olympic Blue

We have not owned a campervan before and intend to use it for weekends away, the odd festival and eventually trips away.

Although it looks great, we have found the outside visual appearance could be improved perhaps with larger allow wheel than the 17" ones fitted and possibly ground bars.

Many of the van conversions we have seen look great from the outside - but we have opted for the California because they are great on the inside too!

Can anyone offer any information, advice or guidance on this?

Timbo

Hi timbo. I know what you mean about the outside looks. You can lower the Cali. Wheels you can go upto 20 inch but you need to make sure they are load rated for the van,side bars,splitters,
Zenons all help to change the look. Keep us posted of your plans

Is that the California that was in the Dorchester Heritage dealership? Smashing looking vehicle and well specified. As to bigger wheels I agree the 17" supplied look okay but bigger would look better. How about contacting some of the conversion companies, from memory there is one in Poole and one in Bournemouth and they may well, have a good idea of what will fit and look good.

Andy

Sent from an iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much to both of you for this - and yes, it may have been that one!
....Load Rated ones will be a priority. I have picked up elsewhere on this site about the plate under the bonnet and the axle load ratings for the wheels so I have more to go o

Hi there, back again. Thanks for the info.
I decided to go for the VW 30mm lowered springs, their own ground bars and the factory option Canberra wheels with continental 103Y tyres - expensive but it all looks great and was fitted by the VW garage so I don't anticipate any problems with the warranty etc
Slept in it last night - it was fine!