Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Germany and Switzerland

S

svw1

Hi Cali Owners,

Just got a T5 Cali Beach 06 130 PS TDI with 85 000 km on the clock. VW bike rack and roof bars added. The van has a 5 tonne towing capacity.

This is my second Cali - my T4 Cali Coach '97 was written off by someone else.

I'm just trying to get the van sorted for summer.

Added curtains from IKEA. Fixed the curtains to the side of the van using powerful magnets from an old motorcycle tank bag. Works fine but I do not have enough. Looking for old & cheap motorcycle tank bag or speakers to extract more power magnets.

Big surprise yesterday was a flat battery...charged it full again and will see how it goes.

I understand the van has a second battery under the passenger seat. Need to look into charging this. Was interested by reports on this group regarding auxiliary battery drain caused by extensive use of the heater. Hadn't really thought about that. I guess the auxiliary battery is charged when the van is moving. Need to understand more because I definitely want to use the van for trips in autumn and winter.

So I also look now for winter wheels and tires. Over here in Germany (near Freiburg) and Switzerland (Zurich) winter tires are necessary....and from watching the BBC News it seems they could be useful back in Blighty.

So, that is my intro to this already useful group,

Cheers,

Sean :D

Hello & welcome :hello

Hi Sean,
I'm new on here and just found your post when having a look around the site.

About your leisure battery… it should charge when the engine is running and when you're plugged into the mains. You should have the means to connect (don't forget to switch the circuit breaker ON).