Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Ireland

I

Izaskun

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi everyone,

We’re a family of 4 (me and my 3 kids under 10). I’m originally from Spain, happily living in Ireland for the last 17 years. We’re patiently waiting for our new California Coast, scheduled to arrive in June.

I’ve been browsing the forum for a while now, specially looking for helpful tips on must/nice to have things that will make my life easier as I’ll be the only adult setting up the campervan so we can enjoy it from the get go! Really looking forward to get it and already planning our first trip (plan A and B, depending on Covid restrictions!).

The forum has been an amazing help so far and I’m sure it’ll be even more when we get the campervan!!!

Hi everyone,

We’re a family of 4 (me and my 3 kids under 10). I’m originally from Spain, happily living in Ireland for the last 17 years. We’re patiently waiting for our new California Coast, scheduled to arrive in June.

I’ve been browsing the forum for a while now, specially looking for helpful tips on must/nice to have things that will make my life easier as I’ll be the only adult setting up the campervan so we can enjoy it from the get go! Really looking forward to get it and already planning our first trip (plan A and B, depending on Covid restrictions!).

The forum has been an amazing help so far and I’m sure it’ll be even more when we get the campervan!!!
:welcomeand good luck with your search.

:welcome Welcome. Hope you find some useful hints.
Not quite the same, but I travel on my own with 4 dogs. I’ve always found someone willing to help with attaching awning and putting on topper. Sometimes people wander over and offer without having to ask. I’m sure you will be fine.

Thanks Karlos and Alison! I’m sure we’ll get help when needed, we’ll just need to get creative if it’s not possible!! We’re definitely ready for the challenge and really looking forward to start enjoying it!

Welcome,

May always the roads be empty, the campsites comfortable, the diesel cheap and the California reliable.

To get the camper in June might be a good time, with the restrictions lifting. You best get use to it when you use it and learn what works and what won't work for you.

If you have any quesions don't hesitate to send a message.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Thanks a million, Eberhard!

We have definitely loads to learn!! We'll try to keep the sense of humor as we do ☺️

Hi everyone,

Loads of lovely places to visit over there.
Loophead light house (watching the dolphins from the cliffs) was up there when I done the wild Atlantic way.
You will be very busy exploring :thumb

Ongi etorri Izaskun! and best of trips with the new Coast! Waiting a little longer for ours here in Donostia, looking like February.

Welcome here and ask away if any question appears! June is a great time to start Californiing and with a Coast a wonderful vehicle to camp!
Enjoy and do not forget to post pics of your new van

Ongi etorri Izaskun! and best of trips with the new Coast! Waiting a little longer for ours here in Donostia, looking like February.
Kaixo!! Thanks for the welcome and I hope you'll get yours soon! Donostia is a great place to wait though, feeling jelous here! ;-)

Welcome here and ask away if any question appears! June is a great time to start Californiing and with a Coast a wonderful vehicle to camp!
Enjoy and do not forget to post pics of your new van[emoji32

Enjoy and do not forget to post pics of your new van
Thank you!! I'll post pics as soon as we get it!! Hopefully soon!

:welcome Loads of good advice on here. It'll keep you busy while you wait. We're eagerly anticipating a new Coast too but with only a provisional build of June, so we'll be a bit behind you. Looking froward to hearing how it goes.

:welcome Loads of good advice on here. It'll keep you busy while you wait. We're eagerly anticipating a new Coast too but with only a provisional build of June, so we'll be a bit behind you. Looking froward to hearing how it goes.
Thanks Graham! I’m sure we’ll have fun stories to post soon. Best of luck with the waiting!!