Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Murcia (Spain)

Hi Pablo, bienvenido en el foro! We just ordered a 6.1 Ocean in San Sebastián in early March so a loooong way to go yet. Hope you enjoy the search !

Hi! When do you expect to receive it? I am doubting between the Beach Camper or the Ocean, but I expect to use it as a day vehicle I think the Beach Camper would be better...

Hi! When do you expect to receive it? I am doubting between the Beach Camper or the Ocean, but I expect to use it as a day vehicle I think the Beach Camper would be better...
I had the same dilemma, it is my only car but I don’t use it midweek. The Beach made more sense to me but when I selected the options I wanted, it was closer to Ocean price which has the same options as standard (awning, panoramic window, double glazing, LED lights etc). And then my family fell in love with the Ocean…

My dealer VASA San Sebastián was honest and told me to forget about receiving it in Summer. October is the likely earliest arrival, it’s ok for me …

That means 7-8 months waiting for the van... Have a nice waiting time! :rolleyes:
We are 2 adults and 1 child and we will sleep many times in the lower bed (most of the time we sleep just where we are, and elevating the roof is not always an option). The Ocean is almost discarded for us just because the lower bed is too small for 3...

Children grow.............FAST.

The Beach is the most popular California around here for sure, about 8/10 are Beach models. It seems to fit people’s lifestyles here more than the Ocean I suspect.

We slept 3 in our Multivan “bed” when the boy was very little but now it’s too tight!

The Beach is the most popular California around here for sure, about 8/10 are Beach models. It seems to fit people’s lifestyles here more than the Ocean I suspect.

We slept 3 in our Multivan “bed” when the boy was very little but now it’s too tight!
Less need to be inside, out of the ' British weather' I suspect.

Less need to be inside, out of the ' British weather' I suspect.
That is a very perceptive observation. I know when I first visited friends in Amsterdam, I was struck by how truly beautiful and elaborate peoples' homes were compared to simpler environments in Spain (I'm not referring to economic differences). When I mentioned it, my Dutch friends answered, "Well, when you have to be indoors most of the time because of the weather..."

Footnote: I do winter camp with my Beach, just returned from 5 days skiing in the Pyrenees. I don't find snow a problem. I fully practice the Norwegian saying, "There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes." Still, rain and wind for days can be a challenge.

Last edited:
Our boy is 4 years old... We expect to travel with him at least some years more
Also for a day vehicle is not a good idea to carry all camper stuff with you everyday. With an ocean you always move the entire home...

Our boy is 4 years old... We expect to travel with him at least some years more
Also for a day vehicle is not a good idea to carry all camper stuff with you everyday. With an ocean you always move the entire home...
This is true, my biggest doubts about the Ocean were that, and the electric roof. I’m still unconvinced about the roof and wish the Coast was available in Spain.
Our current Multivan is our only car although doesn’t get used midweek. However it is always “ready to go” with cooking gear, sleeping mats etc etc so the Ocean is not carrying much more except the cupboards.
It was a very expensive decision and I’m still not 100% sure it was right - it sounds like you have it clearer though!
We’re on site this week and I’m “spying” on some Ocean & Beach families to try and convince myself I chose the right van!