Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from the south east!

vw_liz

vw_liz

Just wanted to say hi from me, my husband, 3 kids and a 1991 westfalia t4! :hello

Liz

:hello welcome to the club

An ever so warm greeting from the geriatric section as well :D

Welcome. '91's are the best ;)

dan

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

That's a nice looking '91 Dan - I will have to get a pic of ours up soon. :D

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
Welcome. '91's are the best ;)

dan

Excepting of course the '93 :cool:

Welcome Liz, Hubby and the 3 bin lids. (bet that's fun in the van :crazy )

S.

Welcome Liz! we've also got 3 kids who so far are loving their new mode of transport as much I am! (we've only had our Beach since December)

Will be great to pick your brains on what (and where) you pack when you all go away! My packing list so far seems to be rather extensive... :crazy

Jane

Anyone near Brighton?

Would love to have a peak at your Cali to see if it suits our needs.

reserves said:
Anyone near Brighton?

Trust me, it will. They're fantastic. :D

S

There is a dealer in Burgess Hill, is that close enough? He may have some in stock that you can take a peek at. vwcampersales.com. I've never dealt with them, so no idea what they are like but at least you might be able to have a looksee and a test drive. A bit further north is Eastfalia in Guildford, which is where my van came from.

As with any older vehicle (even the newest Westies will be 11 years old now) they come with occasional old car headaches, but are generally simple to fix and part availability is pretty good.

But they are great. We bought the cheapest solid looking T4 Westy we could find at the time to see if we got on with campervaning (long history of tents) with a view to getting rid of it after a year and either go back to tents, or buy a newer van. That was 2.5 years and about 15,000 miles ago :D

reserves said:
Anyone near Brighton?

We are not near Brighton (about an 1.5 hours north, near the m3) But you would be more than welcome to pop by if you are in the area.

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
There is a dealer in Burgess Hill, is that close enough? He may have some in stock that you can take a peek at. vwcampersales.com. I've never dealt with them, so no idea what they are like but at least you might be able to have a looksee and a test drive.
We visited the Burgess Hill dealer when we were looking and they were very friendly and happy for us to test drive and chat. :thumb